INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata import in MC12?  (Read 1065 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Metadata import in MC12?
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:16:35 pm »

In MC11 we were able to import metadata (external information stored in *.mpl, *.csv, *.txt files, so that infos stored in an Excel file could easily be imported into MC11.

This seems no longer possible as functionality of those files has changed. So what would be J River's preferred or suggested way to have the same functionality in MC12?

I also would like to make the following comment:
Most companies announce far in advance when some functionality of a product is becoming obsolete and usually suggest workarounds. Here at J River features simply disappear over night or completely change functionality without any further notice.

I would like that you could be more considerate with users long-term investment and commitment that we made to J River Media Center. Although I deeply understand the need to improve the product continuously, some more feature stability is really needed!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Metadata import in MC12?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:34:20 pm »

I don't believe JRiver has intentionally removed MPL support. Please download and try my test package from this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36003.0.
Import the mpl file to a new library. How does it work for you?

I have not yet tried to use the import tool with MPL files, but audio, image and document files import correctly after I have dragged MPL files to Playing Now. The cue sheet based track files are my problem.

What do you actually mean by information stored in scv and txt files? Has MC been able to parse it somehow?

At least my txt files import as documents that open to an external application.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re: Metadata import in MC12?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 04:50:21 pm »

Alex,

I use MPL files to import meta information for tagging artwork images. I have scripts that transform tag information stored in Excel into MPL files. In MC11.1 I simply moved the images files to  the corresponding folder, selected the mpl file and right-clicked on import in Windows Explorer. Or imported the Mpl file directly from inside MC through import function. There was no need to drag the Mpl file to Playing Now, never did that.

This does not work any longer in MC12. I tried in different ways, just one or two files, newly created libraries, my standard library, with Otto on and off. I had to backup to MC11.1, but this is definitely not a long time solution.

In any case I will try your test file on Sunday as I will be off-line tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up