INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting and ripping  (Read 1046 times)

farmer58

• Recent member
converting and ripping
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:55:29 pm »

Is there a way to eleminate the silence at the beginning and ending of songs when either converting or ripping the music.  Also, is Media Center able to fade in and fade out when ripping or converting music.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: converting and ripping
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 04:12:08 am »

You didn't specify what exactly you are trying to achieve.

In general, MC is designed to take care of those things on playback stage. It has several options for changing the playback behavior. It rips the CDs exactly as they are without adding or removing anything.

However, MC has an output mode named as "Disk Writer". It plays the files quickly directly to disk wave files instead of speakers. All selected playback processing options are then included. Further on you can convert the wave files to a compressed format.

Also, you can apply DSP and playback options when burning Audio CDs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

farmer58

• Recent member
Re: converting and ripping
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 03:21:57 pm »

Thank you for answering my inquiry.  MC is the best ripping program I have used, but I don't like storing silence.  This is no big problem as I have another program to use to delete silence.  I though if MC could do it, it would save me a step. thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up