INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ Lite ??  (Read 1910 times)

Q'dAddY

MJ Lite ??
« on: September 10, 2002, 12:21:20 am »

Hi ...

It's been a while since I vistited this forum , still a great place i can see :O)

.. I like the new things you got going for MJ 9 !! ....but to promote this awesome jukebox , i would recommend a lite version , not a full featured trial.
A lite Version of MJ without features like Download Manager , Wave editor , labelling and so on ... but a fully working Lite jukebox with MJ's versatile media-file handling as an alternative to WMP9 ,MusicMatch and the little silly one WinAmp.

any comment on a Lite version to promote the Full Featured MJ Monster ,JIM  ?

nila

RE:MJ Lite ??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 02:13:07 am »

The Demo version you get after your trial runs out is kind of a lite version :)

I agree that a lite version might be something alot of users want but from MJ's point of view, it'd be a bit hard to focus on seeing as they're constantly working on and upgrading the main program. It'd give them too much of a seperate area to have to focus on I'd imagine :)

I'm guessing though - could be miles wrong.

joe mama

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 09:09:37 am »

I would love to have a lite version, who's main focus is just the awesome playback/organizing/tagging capabilities of the full version.  I would even pay for it.  Or an option to do a custom installation of the full version would be just as nice.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 09:52:39 am »

I Don't Like Lite Beer
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 09:56:38 am »

Nix on Lite beer too!!!

phelt

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 10:07:09 am »

I guess the problem with a lite version might be "which features are not available?" I bought MJ solely because of the Media Library. I saw the other features (server, video, viz, rip/burn), thought they were neat, and never use them. Sometimes that's because they don't match the separate utilities that I have (EAC, MP3TagStudio, etc) and sometimes that's because I just don't have use for them.

So, to me, MJ is worth its current licensing price without a number of the features. But the "essential" set of features will be different for other folks, I assume.

Q'dAddY

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 02:13:50 pm »

...Well, KingSparta ... What about a FREE Beer ? It's on Me .. a small one anyway, but if you want a large Beer you'll have to pay for it yourself !

... Don't Drink and Drive ;O)

Cheers..

LCtheDJ

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2002, 03:42:16 pm »

I, for one, would like to see a 'Custom Install' that would let you choose which features/modules you want installed.  The current 'Custom Install' only lets me choose where to install and whether to associate file types to MJ.

I use MJ for the Media Library's organizing, the tagging (I haven't seen another tagger that will mass tag files from more than one folder at a time), and the playback's integration with the Media Library.  I don't use it for ripping, encoding, burning, light shows, wav editing, wearing skins, handling image files, or pouring a beer (lite or otherwise).  I use it as just one of my audio tools, not the only one.  I have others that specialize in what they do, and they do it extremely well, and I've become familiar and comfortable in using them.

I would be greatly pleased to have a version, or custom install of MJ that just organized, tagged (with support for more fields), and played my audio files (possibly with enhancements to these features).  Everything else is just bloat as far as I'm concerned.

I realize that others have different preferences and that's why I think a customizable install would be great. (Although I can foresee providing support and troubleshooting for 3.2 million configurations would be a nightmare.)

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 03:54:00 pm »

LC,
One man's bloat is another man's buzz.

Jim
Beer is bad, no good, no bad, no...  Scronch?  Help....
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 04:18:01 pm »

>> Beer is bad
them there are fightin' words

let me put on some country music

Listening to: 'County Fair' from 'Western Underground' by 'Chris LeDoux' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LCtheDJ

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2002, 05:45:52 pm »

>>One man's bloat is another man's buzz.

Precisely why I wouldn't want to deprive him of it.  I'd just like to have the choice of whether I have it or not.

Scronch

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2002, 01:28:01 am »

Beer is very good.  In moderation.  This is supported by our AMA, by the Australian gov't, and by other medical experts.

But macro beer, ugh.  To twist an old joke, why must macro beer be served ice cold?  So it doesn't taste like urine.

Scronch

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2002, 01:45:11 am »

One day in the future there will be a program that let you choose what the options and features you want to install and then pay for what you have choosen. Dreams dreams
Made in Portugal

joe mama

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2002, 02:37:51 am »

I would've paid the price of the plus version even if MJ only had the Media Libray and playback options.

Rob

Listening to: 'I Never Wanted To Begin (Extended Version)' from 'Rage In Eden' by 'Ultravox' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up