INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging again... user CSV fields  (Read 1422 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging again... user CSV fields
« on: October 01, 2006, 05:18:29 pm »

I have a user field called ArtistList which is a delimited list of artists for the track.

In the tagging window for tagging, I'd just type in the name(s) - semi-colon delimited

In v12, I get a select box ONLY, there seems to be no way to enter a NEW artist.  So I have to go back to the track in the grid and F2-(rename) the field on one of the tracks, enter the name, and re-highlight all the tracks, and then go back to the tagging window and then finally, the new name is in the select list.

The select list is pretty neat, but there needs to be a way to enter a new value.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Tagging again... user CSV fields
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:29:17 pm »

NEVER MIND, just open my eyes... I looked and looked...

But right there in plain sight is "Add New Tag"...

Sorry

But... it would nice to simply be able to type in the values, which is sometimes easier than having to take my hands off the keyboard, use the mouse, do some clicking and then go back to typing...

(the old vi vs other editors arg.  I like vi because I can do everything without all the keyboard to mouse switching)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:36:33 pm »

ah vi

I couldn't explain to anyone else how to use it, but it is fast and simple once you've got it burned in.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:50:31 pm »

But it would still be good to be able to tab from field to field in the tagging window and have the first choice be typing instead of mousing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up