INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about View Schemes  (Read 1481 times)

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Question about View Schemes
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:23:27 pm »

Hi there,

In older versions of MC there was a very nice feature to select one specific view scheme for all viewing modes. For example I prefer to have the "comments" instead of the "rating" for all audio view schemes. As I recall it right there was a feature to apply one scheme for all listings. However, as this feature is unfortunately history and gone I am wondering if there is any other method to modify the default listing scheme for audio files. No matter what I've tried so far the rating pops up again and again. I've also saved my modified listing scheme as "audio" and still the rating pops up in different views....

Could anybody enlight my dark on how to solve my problem?

Thanks, Thomas

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Question about View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:23:09 am »

No ideas?

Thomas

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:59:35 am »

Unfortunately, for reasons lost on most of us, they removed the "Apply to this scheme and all child view schemes" button from the Customize Current View dialog in 11.1.   >:(

Instead, the only way left now is to customize one scheme how you want it, then save it as a Preset (like you did to save it to Audio), then manually go into Customize Current View on each of your other View Schemes and manually apply the Preset.  (I know... Not ideal.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ThomasB

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:48:59 am »

Thanks, glynor...

I was afraid to get an answer like this...

It's really boaring, because it doesn't work for CDs; i.e. everytime a new CD is inserted for ripping it changes back to the default scheme. To say that this isn't ideal is very polite....   >:(

By the way, is the situation unchanged in MC 12?

rgds, Thomas

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 12:30:57 pm »

Thanks, glynor...

It's really boaring, because it doesn't work for CDs; i.e. everytime a new CD is inserted for ripping it changes back to the default scheme. To say that this isn't ideal is very polite....   >:(

You can change the current view for viewing a CD drive's contents and the Recently Ripped and Recently Imported views.  Once done, they will remain as you set them from one CD to the next.  You just have to edit the current view in  each context individually.

To change the current view for a CD drive, click on the drive icon in the tree area on the left so that the list of tracks is displayed.  Right click on the column heading (album, artist, etc.) and choose "Customize Current View".  Make your changes to the columns displayed and the sort order and click OK.

I think that the current view for CD drives and the Recently views is specific to a library.  So if you have several libraries, you may need to edit the current views for all of them.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up