INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.85  (Read 3859 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.85
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:24:40 am »

Download:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/CustomApps/MC12/MediaCenter120085.exe

History

12.0.85 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Pressing the "Play" link on a single image and then pressing page up / page down would not display nicely.
2. Fixed: When starting the program, right-click menus could get clobbered during the first few seconds.
3. Changed: Double-clicking / playing a single image in Playing Now won't automatically start a slideshow.

12.0.84 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: Quickly switching into and out of Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.83 (10/3/06)

1. Fixed: When unloading a component that accessed 3D capabilities (visualizations or Theater View), Media Center could crash.
2. Fixed: With the program maximized, the cursor wouldn't always change back to an arrow as expected in some cases.

12.0.82 (10/2/06)

1. Changed: Display Mode is skipped when pressing F11 while stopped.
2. Changed: Rolling in Theater View lists is controlled by time instead of number of clicks, so holding up or down will always stop at the ends.
3. Fixed: Manually collapsing "Services & Plug-ins" was not possible.
4. Fixed: Transparent menus could cause issues during DVD or video playback. (now disabled if overlapping the display)
5. Changed: When starting playback of a new file from a paused state, cross-fading is disabled.
6. Changed: Renamed "Fullscreen" to "Display View" in Theater View menu to align with menu naming.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking on a menu item and choosing "Execute: ..." could show a different menu. (note that menus follow mouse movement by design)
8. Fixed: Podcasts page Google search box was not working.
9. Changed: When the display is detached, the "Display" Action Window will not be as tall.
10. Fixed: The "Display" action window wouldn't appear properly when starting a video with the display detached.
11. Fixed: "System Info" could crash on some machines.
12. Fixed: TV crash in various situations.
13. NEW: MC plays Flash Video (flv). Some third-party DirectShow filters are required.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View could cause a crash.

12.0.81 (9/29/06)

1. Fixed: Track info visualizations would crash.
2. Fixed: Pressing 'Enter' on a "Back" command on the right of Theater View didn't work.
3. Changed: Spinning picture cube doesn't spin as fast when entering Theater View.
4. NEW: Theater View lists roll, but require two up or down clicks (instead of one) to initiate the roll.
5. Fixed: When Theater View encountered a Direct3D error, it would appear missing instead of drawing an error screen.
6. Changed: Core drawing engine provides nicer results with alpha on alpha drawing. (effects font smoothness in some Theater View skins)

12.0.80 (9/28/06)

1. Fixed: When running multiple versions of MC at once, they could collide when using some plugin types.
2. Changed: Removed a few obsolete settings from Plugin Manager pages.

12.0.79 (9/28/06)

1. Changed: Video thumbnailing runs at a lower priority so it has less performance impact.
2. Fixed: Video thumbnailing could show a crash message in rare cases where a video thumbnail could not be built.
3. Fixed: If "Slim" was entered the first time while MC was maximized, it could fill the screen.
4. Fixed: Edit drop lists for disc number could sort empty and 1 out of order. (remember that emtpy and 1 sort equally in a file list so tracks without a disc number have an implied disc number of 1)
5. Changed: Menu transparency will not be used if the menu overlaps a hardware accelerated window. (3D visualizations, G-Force, new Theater View, etc.)
6. NEW: MP3 (Internet) streams are buffered to allow seeking anywhere as the stream is received.
7. Fixed: iPods not ejecting correctly after sync or on close.
8. Fixed: Some bad image files could cause the player to hang.
9. Fixed: Not able to recognize non-WMDM handheld devices on operating systems that don't support WMDM.
10. NEW: A new WAVE input plugin that handles uncompressed WAV files, including http:// files and files with UNICODE characters in the path. Compressed WAV files will continue to be handled in DirectShow.
11. Fixed: Audible files not tranferring to iPods.
12. Fixed: Shift-End, Shift-Ctrl-End, Shift-Home, Shift-Ctrl-Home now honored in lyric edit control.
13. Fixed: Not reading Audible tags correctly.
14. Changed: Removed "All" items when browsing in Theater View.
15. Changed: Several improvements to the Noire Theater View skin.
16. NEW: New animated Theater View returns -- many performance improvements from previous release.
17. Changed: Once Theater View gets to a "Files" list, pressing Enter will show a menu instead of replacing Playing Now.
18. Changed: When navigating in Theater View, going into a list with only one item will go in to the next level.
19. Fixed: Possible dead-lock with multithreaded skinning.
20. Changed: Reworked how customization is applied to web browser controls to be more reliable.

12.0.78 (9/26/06)

1. Changed: Double-click on the header while in Slim mode returns to Standard View.
2. NEW: Mouse-wheel works to operate the thumbnail size slider.
3. NEW: View header is shown in library views when filtering using the tree.
4. Changed: Tooltips don't show an image when in a thumbnail mode. (since it's redundant)
5. Fixed: When clicking a tree item with no children, it'd scroll down unexpectedly.
6. Changed: For Quicktime video (such as mp4) that is played in DirectShow, we try DirectShow method for thumbnailing before trying Quicktime method.
7. Changed: Time-out for testing whether a file can be played in DirectShow is increased (to avoid unnecessarily hard-killing a DirectShow graph).
8. NEW: Slim skin Mini View has its own window position instead of being a windowshade of the main position.
9. Fixed: Show Start option now honored.
10. Fixed: Action Window pages wouldn't always set the cursor properly. (hopefully fixed -- please let us know)
11. NEW: Introduced new video thumbnail generation system -- please test if you have had video thumbnail problems in the past.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matshif

Re: Media Center 12.0.84
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:32:45 am »

Setting up TV turner failed as before and MC crash.

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 12:05:23 pm »

Tagging Prob.

Select an  Artist from the Panes.
Then press CNTRL A to highlite all the songs.

You do not have the ability to tag using the Panes.  You have to Select 1 file, then CNTRL A... You then can tag using the Pane entries.

Can this be fixed please?

Thanks,
-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:35:28 pm »

Tagging Prob.

Select an  Artist from the Panes.
Then press CNTRL A to highlite all the songs.

You do not have the ability to tag using the Panes.  You have to Select 1 file, then CNTRL A... You then can tag using the Pane entries.

Can this be fixed please?

Thanks,

By design, Ctrl+A works in a pane to select all the pane entries.  You'll need to focus the list for Ctrl+A to target it.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.85
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 12:52:08 pm »

They're coming fast and furious today, eh?   :D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 01:25:03 pm »

Not sure if it will help, but please email me a log file (again, if you did before). Thanks.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:25:48 pm »

Let's say I have the Playlists menu open and am nested in a few child items. If I close the Playlists tree by clicking the Playlists down arrow, if I open up Playlists again, the tree has been collapsed again and I have to work my way down the tree again to find out where I was. Is there some logical reason why the tree format can't be remembered if closed and opened?

--------------

There is no way to find out what size cover images are to determine if you want to find better ones elsewhere. It would be nice to have the File Size and Dimensions displayed just as if the image was imported and you were looking at that by itself. Right now if you hover over the cover art you get a tooltip of the filename. In the simplest solution, I wouldn't mind if a second line of the tooltip had this information like: 300x298 - 17.5KB.

--------------

When multiple files are selected, the tag window says "<varies>" and there is no way to enter a track number. Track # should be a field in the bottom window just like Name is listed twice.

--------------

If I have a set of songs in Playing Now and I am viewing through my library, I sometimes decide I want to hear a particular song right then. If I right-click and select Play, my Playing Now is erased and that one song is put in Playing Now. Instead of selecting Play, I could have gone through the nested menus to select Send To\Play\Add (play now) to hear that song without losing my Playing Now list, but it seems like the single Play should do the same thing.

The problem also appears, and is inconsistent with the song's Play, if I'm looking at my tag window with the Image window and I need to see how big that image really is. If I double-click on the Image it displays the image and erases Playing Now. However, if I select "Play / Show (first file)" for that image, it just displays the image without affecting Playing Now. The double-click should act like "Play / Show (first file)".
Update: "Play / Show (first file)" overwrites Playing Now if nothing is currently playing.

P.S. I know I can go find the Recent Playing Now, try to remember what song was selected at the moment I tried Play and add to Playing Now again. A lot of work just to hear one song.
Jeff

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 01:29:46 pm »

By design, Ctrl+A works in a pane to select all the pane entries.  You'll need to focus the list for Ctrl+A to target it.

I know, Maybe I'm not explaining right.

Select an  Artist and album in the Panes.
Click on a open area at the bottom so that the details are in focus
CNTRL A - All Detail files are highlited, but the lil boxes don't show in the panes. You have to select a file, then press cntrl a.

-

matshif

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 01:46:31 pm »

Not sure if it will help, but please email me a log file (again, if you did before). Thanks.

Yaobing,

You got mail.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:14:01 pm »

Yaobing, I have the same problem as Matshif. I mailed you a logfile too.
A day without laughing is a day without living

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 04:35:51 pm »

Hi Yaobing

Same prob. as the others.

You have mail.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 07:43:23 pm »

BUG:  In Theater View, the "currently playing song" triangle is having display problems.  It does not appear on the current track until I scroll OFF of that track, and it remains on the previous track until I scroll back ON to these tracks.  By playing each song in succession, I can see a little "playing" triangle on ALL the tracks.

2. Changed: Rolling in Theater View lists is controlled by time instead of number of clicks, so holding up or down will always stop at the ends.

The time it takes to allow a wrap seems MUCH too long -- I have to sit and wait once I hit the bottom of a list in order to get it to wrap.

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 11:39:39 pm »

The time it takes to allow a wrap seems MUCH too long -- I have to sit and wait once I hit the bottom of a list in order to get it to wrap.

It freaked me out today.  I'm really not sure how it's working.  I thought the down once, stay, down twice and wrap was a good deal, but this is confusing.

I'd been having some Girder trouble lately (slow responses and crashing) ever since I upgraded further than v4.5.2.  It had slowly been getting worse, so I completely started over with it (uninstalled everything remote related and reinstalled from scratch).  This fixed everything, but while I was testing I got very confused the first time it did this.  It seemed like Girder was acting up on me again (and maybe it was doing that to) but...

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out.  You have to just wait there for a second (or something) and then hit the down key again (or up key) and then it'll let you wrap.  However, I've found two problems:

1) If you don't wait the alloted time period (even by a little) hitting the key again seems to "reset the counter".  So, even if you sit there banging on the key furiously like a monkey (or worse, banging the key rhythmically always a split second too soon), it won't wrap.

2) When using Girder, the timing of keypresses (especially arrow keys it seems) can be touchy.  I'm hoping going to a Dual Core processor will help matters, but we'll see.  Either way, I think basing the method on timing (rather than count) just makes it more difficult to use Girder effectively.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:28 pm »

I was running MC (I forget which build) just fine. I  then downloaded tonight's build, shut down MC and installed the new build. When it tried to run for the first time it told me it couldn't load my Default library and kept asking me if I wanted to create a new library. I kept saying no, but it kept saying that it couldn't load my library and that it was probably corrupt and finally exited. I then tried to run it again and it fired up fine with my default library.

So um... false alarm?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 06:04:06 am »

BUG:  In Theater View, the "currently playing song" triangle is having display problems.  It does not appear on the current track until I scroll OFF of that track, and it remains on the previous track until I scroll back ON to these tracks.  By playing each song in succession, I can see a little "playing" triangle on ALL the tracks.

Does anyone else see this?  Note that you have to have MC set to NOT switch to playing now to see it happen.  In other words, set it so that when you play a song in Theater View, you remain on the track list.  When I'm in Theater View, I navigate to an album, highlight one of the songs, hit enter, then hit enter again to "Play" the song.  I don't get the "playing" triangle until I highlight a DIFFERENT song, and when I play a different song, the triangle does not disappear from the other track.

Thanks to anyone for checking this.

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 08:20:50 am »

Does anyone else see this? 

Yep, I do... Managed to fill my list with Play triangles  ;D

There's some strange "refresh" type things going on in Theater View's Playing Now. Another one is the entire bottom half of the screen (the display area) disapears if you toggle in and out of Theater View, ie:-

1. Play something (display area shows whatever....)
2. Goto Display View
3. Go back to Theater View
4. Display area GONE!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:48 am »

I think the problem I am having with the tagging window is simple.

now for the right words to describle it.

in the TAG window..... when right clcik and go to MORE TAGS..

TRACK # is not in the list.

There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 10:37:27 am »

Does anyone else see this?

Yep.

There's some strange "refresh" type things going on in Theater View's Playing Now. Another one is the entire bottom half of the screen (the display area) disapears if you toggle in and out of Theater View, ie:-

1. Play something (display area shows whatever....)
2. Goto Display View
3. Go back to Theater View
4. Display area GONE!

same here

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 12:47:49 pm »

Since 3D Theatre View i can't use it any more. I only get a blank screen. Please make switch to disable it. 12.0.76 works fine in that case.

Uwe 

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 01:28:58 pm »

Yep, I do... Managed to fill my list with Play triangles  ;D

Yep.

same here

Thanks ryam and Griff for confirming the Theater View "playing triangle" issue.

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 02:05:24 pm »

Since 3D Theatre View i can't use it any more. I only get a blank screen. Please make switch to disable it. 12.0.76 works fine in that case.

Uwe 

Please post some information about your system.  Also, what error text is shown on the black screen?
Pages: [1]   Go Up