INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Artist and Artist  (Read 1417 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
Album Artist and Artist
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:59:43 pm »

For whatever reason, several thousand files of my audio files do not have an album artist listed in the tag. What would be the best way of sorting those files, and automatically matching the album artist with the artist? I really dont want to have to change 4,000 files manually.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Album Artist and Artist
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:48 pm »

It doesn't need to be filled in if it's the same as the artist. That is what "Album Artist (auto)" is for. See Help > Multiple Artist Albums.

If you really want to do it, though, you can copy fields. See Help > Library Tools.

Sue

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:42:13 pm »

Ditto that - don't use the 'Album Artist' field unless you need/want to force a specific artist there to 'fix' an incorrect 'Album Artist (auto)'.  Whenever you want to use that field, use 'Album Artist (auto)' instead.

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 11:20:41 am »

I thought of the copy/paste option shortly after I posted the question, but I figured it would be a bit of a brain teaser for someone nonetheless.

I never use album artist, (or album artist auto) EXCEPT when streaming to TIVO. I discovered that a lot of files were either missing the info entirely, or had misspellings or wrong info, which would drive me completely nuts when scrolling on the TIVO. My sanity is now back to its normal level of fog, and life goes on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up