INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree items out of order?  (Read 1506 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Tree items out of order?
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:29:22 pm »

Above my 'Start' tree item I have the following tree items (that appear in this order):
Workshop (custom tree item)
Where is it? (handy custom view from this board for tracking physical media)
Documents (Contains a corrupt DTS & AC3 file from a live music DVD that I need to fix)

The view scheme 'Tree position' property was initially set to 'bottom' for all three.
Now it is set to 'Automatic'.
They are in reverse alpha order and changes to the 'Tree position' do not change their position in the overall tree.

Logically it seems like 'Start' would normally be the highest item on the tree, and at the very least that the other custom items would sort alpha if all set to the same 'level' on the tree.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Tree items out of order?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 10:14:05 am »

Am I the only one having this problem?  Any suggestions on what to look at? Here is a screen shot of the problem:

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:55:17 am »

That's the way it is now! View schemes defined on the root level are squeezed between
Audio/Image/Video and Start. The difference is that mine are sorted from A-Z. Tree position "Top"

You may remove the "Start" and "Podcast" item if not needed (Options>General>Advanced>Features)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 11:06:53 am »

Start, nor playing now, will not rise to the top of the tree.

For some reason, tree position is being dictated by the "image" selected in step 3 of the "edit view scheme" dialogue. This is particularly odd given that the images are not even displayed now.

Edit each view scheme and change the 'image' setting to 'scheme', and you should find that the tree items then sort alphabetically.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:55:25 pm »

It would be good if we could easily edit the root of the tree to determine order. I kept my root scheme (all media) from MC 11 and rarely use the Audio, Video, Images etc schemes. I would like playing now at the top, but can't seem to achieve this without displacing the Audio/Video/Images boxes at the top.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 12:38:53 am »

Edit each view scheme and change the 'image' setting to 'scheme', and you should find that the tree items then sort alphabetically.

Thanks - that did it.  Now if we could only get start/playing now up at the top :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up