INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import & Move/Copy file at same time?  (Read 1300 times)

weston

• Recent member
Import & Move/Copy file at same time?
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:44:30 pm »

Hi,
I get download music from several different sites.  On my computer I have one "library" and a "new stuff" folder which receives all the incoming tracks before I move them into the "library." 

Right now I
1. download a track to "new stuff"
2. run "add folder" in iTunes which merges those files into the library
3. then import from MC, which scans the library folder

Is there a way for MC to move/copy the files it imports instead of only leaving them in place?  That would be useful.    If not, can I request this feature?

Thank!,
weston

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import & Move/Copy file at same time?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 05:20:43 pm »

You can always request new features, whether you get them or not is a whole different story. ;D
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:11:38 pm »

Maybe they could hire a bunch more programmers, charge $200 for MC, and then give people all the features they can imagine--including fixing lots of crashes I've experienced.  They could have this and call it MC Premiere.  They'd make sure to tailor feature requests and get most of em' so they'd have a big audience to buy it and pay all those extra programmers!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:51:24 am »

Hi,
I get download music from several different sites.  On my computer I have one "library" and a "new stuff" folder which receives all the incoming tracks before I move them into the "library." 

Right now I
1. download a track to "new stuff"
2. run "add folder" in iTunes which merges those files into the library
3. then import from MC, which scans the library folder

Is there a way for MC to move/copy the files it imports instead of only leaving them in place?  That would be useful.    If not, can I request this feature?

Thank!,
weston

Two questions.

1) Why the iTunes step first / why use iTunes for your library in addition to MC?
2) How about this:  Put the new files in the "new stuff" folder.  Import that folder into MC12.  Either from the recent import playlist, or a custom smartlist that just shows files in "new stuff" just select all the files and use "Rename Files from Properties".  Its not automatic, but is fast and easy until (and if) they add an auto-rename feature.

One nice thing about leaving them in "new stuff" at first is that it allows you to clean up/re-tag the files as needed prior to merging them with your main directory structure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up