INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Display  (Read 884 times)

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Dual Display
« on: October 08, 2006, 07:46:39 pm »

Further investigation into what’s happening with 2 monitors.  I’m running a MacBook with an extended display, using DVI out to drive a digital external monitor.  The MacBook graphics card is the Intel 945GM chipset.

Playing a DVD using WinDVD, I can watch the film either windowed or full screen on either the laptop or the external monitor.  Playing a DVD using MC12.87, I can only see the image on the laptop monitor.

If I unplug the external monitor, set the display back to single screen, start a DVD in MC, then plug in the external monitor, then reconfigure the display settings for extended desktop, then I can drag the playing now window over to the external monitor and see the movie.

I had thought this was a driver issue, until everything worked out OK in WinDVD.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dual Display
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:00:35 pm »

I can confirm this running win XP sp2, using a laptop with ATI imbedded graphics, 128 gram+128 shared ram.  I never tried the restart method you've found, I \'ve just given up on ever seeing a DVD play on my outboard monitor.

FWIW, the hp laptop comes with a player that displays on the 2nd monitor perfectly, and WMP will recover eventually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up