INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - My m4a files from Itunes will not play...  (Read 1073 times)

sblaesing

Help - My m4a files from Itunes will not play...
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:11:10 pm »

They appear to import like my other music formats, but are just skipped when I attempt to play them. ?

bcrossan

• Recent member
Re: Help - My m4a files from Itunes will not play...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:39:06 pm »

Is AAC Audio checked under the file types in the Options menu?

sblaesing

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 10:02:15 pm »

:-[
I set that under options and now when I double click on a song to play it it fires up a random photo...  very strange.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:56:17 am »

I suppose the files are unprotected since the filename extension is "m4a" (i.e. the files are not from the iTunes shop). Correct?

Can you play the files with iTunes on the same PC? If you don't have iTunes installed MC may need some additional DirectShow filter programs.

Protected files and Apple's lossless format need always installed iTunes. (... or possibly at least Apple's QuickTime after the protected files are correctly licensed. I am not sure if plain QuickTime is enough for these formats.)

The file type options don't change anything if the files are already inside MC. You could try to to remove the files and reimport.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up