INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying compilations for a newbie  (Read 1030 times)

AustnJPR

• Recent member
Displaying compilations for a newbie
« on: October 11, 2006, 02:30:42 am »

I am new to MC but have been in the A/V industry for quite some time and deal with many HTPC frontends so I feel that I am capable of configuring and setting up most of this type of equipment.

Now the part that makes me feel rather ignorant....

I want the "artist view" IE "thumbnail art for each artist with secondary albums underneath". I also want compilation albums to only display one "thumbnail" or album cover in the artist view. I have a rather large collection and this will cut down on real estate used for album art display. I have read and read and most of the answers I have been unable to understand. I realize this will involve a "custom" view but the documentation seems to be leaving me in the dark so to speak.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Displaying compilations for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 07:30:52 am »

It doesn't involve a custom view, just tagging. Check out the thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36117.0

Basically just update the Album Artist tag for those compilation songs so they're the same.
Jeff

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Displaying compilations for a newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 07:52:05 am »

- Select all tracks of the compilation
- Go to the action window, scroll to the Album Artist field.
- Enter VA or Compilation or whatever makes most sense. If the compilation was put together by known DJ, than enter that person's name instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up