INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCE Remote  (Read 1200 times)

dietric

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MCE Remote
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:23:27 pm »

Is anyone using the Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Remote with MJ 11? Can the buttons be "trained" for use with MJ?

m0d01

• Recent member
Re: MCE Remote
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 09:31:46 am »

i've got one, as well as the media center remote keyboard from Micro$oft. both devices work, but the button functionality is pretty limited. i've not found a way to get MC to 'learn' from this unit. BUT I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get a plug that is compatible with, or specific to, the MS MCE hardware devices (IR remote media keyboard AND/OR the IR remote control).

About 6 months back, I was giving MS MCE, MC, MediaPortal and TVedia a head to head and i thought i remember getting a plugin (i think the USBIR plugin) to work and learn in MC, but I might have been sniffing glue while evaluating the apps.

recently, i'm seeing more and more people ask about this device and interop with MC. so...i suppose its time for me to lay off the krazy glue and whiteout while computing ;)

<sniff, sniff>,
n1ck :o

m0d01

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:35:52 am »

this looks promising! someone wrote a driver and a couple helper apps to make the MCE remote (and KB, i'm assuming) UNIVERSAL and able to work with ANY windows app. there's also an app here that will record and replay the raw IR code in and out of the MCEIR reciever.

dig this --> http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm#Installing%20the%20replacement%20MCE%20Remote%20Driver

and this, too --> http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/33616.aspx

n1ck

dietric

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 08:55:13 pm »

The question is - since this is pretty much the standard remote by now, why can't JRiver support it natively in their application? I don't want to spend weeks of my life toying around with Girder or something alike to make this work...
Pages: [1]   Go Up