INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "the grass is always greener..." (image file feature request)  (Read 2309 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"the grass is always greener..." (image file feature request)
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:48:00 am »

I installed a trial copy of yet another image manager program the other day and so far, I've not done a whole lot with it....

I was poking around in it this morning, clicking this, clicking that, you know, like you do, then I paused, wondering what to do next, and got pleasantly surprised by what came next. I'd left the mouse resting on one of the thumbnails....

OK, so it spawns a taskbar entry called 'preview', but really, how cool is that!!!
I like that :)
So far, I've not found much else I like.. 'intuitive' is not a word that springs to the forefront of my mind.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "the grass is always greener..." (image file feature request)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:48:23 am »

OK I see, you like dogs... ;D

If they have some spare time I would like that too, but optional please.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:14:52 am »

So obvious, hehe, why didn't anyone think of that. Imagine it's more pertinent with photos than album art.

Thing is tho, its nice when you want it.

But what happens when you don't, say if you move the mouse inadvertantly, then it would keep popping up all sorts of stuff...

unless... there is some sort of delay, if its placed on a pic and left for xxx seconds, pop up otherwise not.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 07:30:25 am »

MC already shows a thumbnail in the tooltip. Could this picture optionally be much bigger? (Perhaps as a view scheme option.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:54:25 am »

We've toyed with the idea of big tooltips, but they're distracting if they appear when you don't expect it.

Double-click (or clicking the "Play" link) on a thumbnail will quickly show a fullscreen preview.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:04:15 am »

Double-click (or clicking the "Play" link) on a thumbnail will quickly show a fullscreen preview.
Or hit Enter to display fullscreen and enter to return.

Or use the thumb slider.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:17:51 am »

We've toyed with the idea of big tooltips, but they're distracting if they appear when you don't expect it.

Yeah... I have to agree that it would be pretty distracting.

The only way I'd like it would be if the "standard" tooltip appeared after the standard delay, and then was replaced by the big-sized preview tooltip only if you didn't further move the mouse for another 5-10 seconds.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:49:22 am »

The one image file feature that I really, really need is for the Rotate toolbar buttons (and other image related buttons) to be usable from within Playing Now.  I've asked for this a few times in the past: here, here, and here.

I do see now that it has been changed so that Right-Click --> Advanced Image Commands --> Rotate Left/Right does now only apply to the currently playing image, but this is not true of the Toolbar Rotate buttons (or, I would assume, the /MCC Windows Message commands).  The toolbar buttons are obviously a lot more convenient when you are editing a lot of pictures, and are far more likely way to be used.  I also use the /MCC command (or would really like to be able to) to assign it to buttons on my Belkin Nostromo controller and ShuttlePro controller.

And... It's just inconsistent the way it is now.  The Right-Click command does one thing, and the buttons do something else!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 10:38:52 am »

The one image file feature that I really, really need is for the Rotate toolbar buttons (and other image related buttons) to be usable from within Playing Now.  I've asked for this a few times in the past: here, here, and here.

It was behaving as designed, but we agree it's too complicated.  So next build:

Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)

Let us know if any strangeness persists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 10:48:27 am »

I'll see... From that change comment I'm not clear if what I need will be what happens.  It sounds like it might be what I want, but it's worded confusingly... So, just to reiterate:

I do like the way it works that I can select a few files from within a View Scheme and click the Rotate button and have the pictures I selected rotate.

However, when I double click on a single file (which, since I have Add to Playing Now (all) chosen as my Double Click behavior, adds the whole list to the Playing Now list) and I am viewing that single mage in Playing Now and I click Rotate, it rotates the entire Playing Now list.  That's terrible!  I want to be able to view my images in playing now, and "Next Track" through them, clicking Rotate on images when I see that they need to be rotated (and delete on the ones that need deleted and so on and so forth).

So, basically, from within Playing Now the image commands (including /MCC commands and toolbar buttons) should only affect the currently displayed image, and not the rest of the Playing Now playlist.

If this is what your change achieves, then hurray and ignore my further comment!!!   ;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:33 pm »

I just wanted to say that it DOES fix my issue.  WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!   8)   :o

Now MC12 can really be done.  I'm so pleased.  That's been bugging me for years!

You guys rock!

(One little tiny thing that I won't cry about if not but when you rotate the image while viewing it in Playing Now, the playing now display does not currently update to reflect the change until you skip to another image and then come back it it.  It'd be pretty cool if it did.)

* glynor does a dance of joy.

(Wow, I'm easy to please.  Well you know...  Simple minds and amusement.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up