INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing sequential podcasts  (Read 1263 times)

jetgoalie

Playing sequential podcasts
« on: October 19, 2006, 01:55:04 am »

Whenever I play a podcast on my Nano, as soon as the podcast is complete, the display immediately returns to the "Music" menu.  This is an incredible nuisance if I am trying to workout, and want to listen to several podcasts in a row.  I have tried placing the desired podcasts in a Playlist, but receive the same result.  I have tried placing the podcasts in a "Smart" playlist, but receive the same result.  I have tried to place all the podcasts into a "compilation" but get the same result.  All I want to do is select 40 minutes worth of 3 or 4 podcasts and go out for a run, and not have to mess with the menu once I start runnning.  As a side note, this is especially frustrating because I am trying to use the Nike+ system, and in order to use the menus during the middle of a Nike+ run, I have to "pause" the Nike+ run, or my menu inputs will be interpreted as "ending my workout" rather than trying to select a new podcast.  I've read some posts that seem to indicate that the Ipods did not used to have this problem, but a recent firmware upgrade has changed things.

Any explanation would be very helpful.  I am pretty well versed with technology, but new to the Ipod world.  I'm not even certain I understand why the Ipod treats podcasts and songs differently.  Any insight would be most appreciated.

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: Playing sequential podcasts
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:16:18 pm »

It might be a function of how Media Center treats Podcasts.

In any case a simple solution might be to make the podcast tracks a new genre... like speech, audiobooks (although these might do the same) audio etc.

Then they should behave like regular tracks.

However you will no longer save the bookmark where you stopped\paused since that only holds true for Audiobooks (if you don't use MC) or Podcasts (if you use MC).

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing sequential podcasts
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:29:42 pm »

Don't have the same issue with my 'normal' iPod (not a Nano).

That is normal iPod behaviour if you play them from Music > Podcasts
I have a playlist called '_Podcast Queue' ('_' sorts it to the top) and my iPod plays them sequentially till done.

There have been some compatibility issues over the last several builds due to Apple's changes.  To make sure that is not your problem upgrade the Nano to the latest firmware and reset it.  Then update MC to the latest build (11.201) and try again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up