INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.97  (Read 3873 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.97
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:00:43 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120097.exe

History

12.0.97 (10/19/06)

1. Fixed: Animation controls didn't have skin colored backgrounds.
2. Fixed: Videos not playing on Sony PSP.
3. Changed: Tuned how image playback handles preserving vs discarding zoom when changing size.
4. NEW: Holding "Shift" while switching images will preserve the scroll and zoom settings from the previous image. (nice for pixel-peeping)
5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks. (consistent through a run, but change each run)
6. Changed: When in a stacks view, sorting "Default" will sort exactly like the panes for that grouping. (instead of sorting by name)
7. Optimized: Stack views can be faster to load or refresh when "Default" sorting is used.
8. Changed: When adding multiple library fields in Options > Library, the tree won't collapse in between additions.
9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
10. Fixed: "Rename Files From Properties" dialog better fits translated text.

12.0.96 (10/18/06)

1. Optimized: View switching is much faster in all cases.
2. Changed: Handheld cache is now placed in a "JRHHCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
3. Changed: RAW Image cache is now placed in a "JRImgCache" subdirectory under the user selected directory.
4. NEW: Handheld cache option to set max cache size.  (This is pruned to the max size AFTER transfer.)
5. NEW: Views and columns using Year, Month, and Day are much faster.
6. Changed: When using the FormatDate(...) expression, FormatDate([Date, 0], Year) can be rewritten FormatDate(Year). (this will also make the expression faster)
7. Changed: When using "Tagging Mode" in the panes, other panes are no longer updated when checking or unchecking a box. (updating is too slow for complex views -- click refresh button at top of view to refresh all panes)
8. Changed: Thumbnails could show "Play" and "Tag" links even if the mouse was over the toolbar.
9. Changed: Tooltips are more multi-monitor aware, just like popup menus.
10. Changed: Podcasting no longer rejects Podcast Feeds that exceed 1 MB. (cap is now 4 MB)
11. Changed: Image captions no longer use "Unknown Camera", etc. for blank fields.
12. Changed: Closing a Tag page like people, places, etc. while it had the focus would leave the mouse wheel inoperable until someplace was clicked.
13. Changed: Revised how interface plugins should attach to the Media Center SDK in their Init(...) function. (hopefully transparent change -- let us know if any plugins start having problems)
14. Optimized: Playlists tree in Tag window is many times faster.

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 12.0.97
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:42:28 pm »

Functioned not correctly, why I get not the same result with the Germans text.

9. Changed: Expressions support field display names (as well as English internal names) for easier use. (especially when using a non-English language)
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:43:42 pm »

"Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files."

Mc12 install grabbed my 11 library and the cue/ape files are now incorrectly imported. The above is not fixed here, and I have mulitple instances of the files. One set is not playable and shows durations that are the entire cue file. Another set has correct track numbers but durations are entire cue file; these play but are simply multiple instances of the cue file. Then the cue/ape file itsef is also imported.

Importing an MC11 library after the fact alows MC12 to see the ape/cue correctly and everything is perfect. New import of same data/tags with MC12 creates this:

www.catuccio.net/cue.jpg

I have gotten everything setup as it was in MC11; here you can see correct track number, correct durations for each track, but MC simply will not play them:

www.catuccio.net/cue2.jpg

DC

matshif

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:02:45 pm »

Can't play CD or DVD in Theater View. MC hangs and don't answer.

No problem to play in Drives & Devices.

I noticed this for the first time in build .93

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:14:34 pm »

5. Changed: Theater View image stacks are now randomized just like Standard View stacks.

Very nice. Thankyou!
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:21:34 pm »

If you don't have "Start" chosen as a selected feature (under advanced general options) and you load a different library, the start page is still shown by default.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:48:18 pm »

Mouse pointer is not auto-hiding if you toggle between Theater View and Display View.

You need to click somewhere in Theater View to make it auto-hide.

Z-Wave Home Automation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:01 pm »

If you don't have "Start" chosen as a selected feature (under advanced general options) and you load a different library, the start page is still shown by default.

Loading a library shows a view we know can't be using the library.  This is by design.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:16 pm »

Is auto-import working? the options should be saved with the library right?

I have brought my music drive (and library) to work as usual, but a setting I cleared last night at home (to ignore raw files) is ticked again when viewing the same library at work.

Also, even after clearing raw files from the autoimport settings,  when i tell it to do an autoimport, it doesnt delete the raw files from my library.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:44:41 am »

Loading a library shows a view we know can't be using the library.  This is by design.

MC11.1 didn't do that. It showed the selected startup location. Was that problematic?

It just seems unnecessary that MC contacts a web server in Minneapolis when I want to quickly change between two test libraries in Helsinki.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

johnnyboy

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 03:46:06 am »

Not listed as fixed in this release so presume its still a bug.

Burning DVD's - no idea how much space is left while burning. The value its telling me is totally wrong.
It'd be great if it had a progression bar or something to give me an idea how much space I had left on the DVD I was about to burn.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 03:53:01 am »

Is auto-import working? the options should be saved with the library right?

I have brought my music drive (and library) to work as usual, but a setting I cleared last night at home (to ignore raw files) is ticked again when viewing the same library at work.

I think it is saved by library, but not in the database files. In general MC keeps all user options in the Windows registry.

Also, even after clearing raw files from the autoimport settings, when i tell it to do an autoimport, it doesnt delete the raw files from my library.

The file extension list is only for new imports. It is not supposed to delete files if they exist in the library.

The "Fix broken links" option should be able to remove dead links from the library if the files are not anymore available.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 04:39:06 am »

Art/Thumbnail bugs:

1)  Audible (aa) files are no longer displaying any art.  The "Image" window indicates that the art is "inside the file," but the image does not display.  This includes BOTH the server and the client.

2)  mp4 and log (text) files do not have any art or thumbnails on the client when using Media Server.  These same files DO display art on the server.  The client only shows the generic icon for these file types.

3)  If the Media Server client has an album in the Playing Now queue, erasong and rebuilding thumbnails does not create the thumbnails for this album.

Other bugs:

4)  "log" files will not open on the Media Server client if you use the "library."  They will only open if you navigate to them directly via "Drives and Devices."

Thanks,

Larry

dcwebman

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:59 am »

I imported some new songs that don't have cover art yet. The "Image (small thumbnail)" column showed the same thing as the "Image (small icon)" column. The small thumbnail should be blank just like the "Image (large thumbnail)" is since there is no cover art.

Ctrl+A in Lyrics editing window should select all text.
Jeff

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 11:09:06 am »

I am using Pixos Skin with Negative effect.

In Playing Now i have trouble finding the song that is being played, because there is art work where this indication used to be. I know the current line is bold, but with settings that is not clear enough.

It Would be nice to have the 'Play Now Indicator' back somehow. Maybe the seq number of the current song could be changed.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

matshif

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 01:52:51 pm »

Can't play CD or DVD in Theater View. MC hangs and don't answer.

No problem to play in Drives & Devices.

I noticed this for the first time in build .93

I'm the only one who got this problem?

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 03:10:04 pm »

Hi! I started playing around with MC12 some days ago, and i'm really impressed with the speed and usability - guess it's time to give some more € (or $) to JRiver...  ;)

Anyway, i've found one small bug:

When adding cover art through "Paste image/URL", MC will re-compress JPG's. I've verified this several times: added an URL from Amazon.com, and downloaded the same picture. The filesize was different.

I also have one comment regarding the new Theater View - not sure if it's a bug, but the topic should be discussed IMHO, as it may be of interest for other users.

I'm using VNC (UltraVNC 1.0.2, with Mirror Driver on the Server) to connect to a main HTPC from several PC's. MC11's Theater View was working nice over these VNC connections, but i can't see any output with MC12's Theater View. I'm also planning to run MC12 on some older PC's, which should be fast enough for audio playback. I think these machines would have troubles handling the new Theater View.

Would it be possible to bring back the "classic" Theater View? I see why people would want to use a more "flashy" version, so it would be perfect to have an option to swith between the two.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 03:11:33 pm »

Enter key doesn't work for the Bios, Lyrics and Notes tags in the action window.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 03:24:14 pm »

Enter key doesn't work for the Bios, Lyrics and Notes tags in the action window.

I had the same issue.  Apparently it is not supposed to work.  See the following thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36154.msg247051#msg247051

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 03:30:02 pm »

Ok,
So shift-enter will work. Good enough for me. Maybe It was easier to implement that way.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 04:11:15 pm »

Ok,
So shift-enter will work. Good enough for me. Maybe It was easier to implement that way.

Shift-enter is intuitive for a programmer.

Enter is intuitive for a non-programmer.

It's not a matter of what is easier, it is the approach they decided to take.  IMHO it should have been the other way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up