INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audible file (.aa) bugs in MC12.  (Read 984 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Audible file (.aa) bugs in MC12.
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:22:20 am »

I've run into several bugs with Audible files in MC12.

1)  MC keeps "auto playing" Audible files when I download them:

I just downloaded a whole bunch of new Audible files, and MC automatically started playing every single file as it finished downloading.  I had to keep hitting "Stop" over and over as each file downloaded since I did NOT want to start listenning to them -- I just wanted to DOWNLOAD them.  Is there some "auto play" setting that is causing this?  I did not have this issue with MC11, and the new behavior is VERY annoying.  As somebody who uses Audible a lot, I think that the default mode should simply be to download the file and let us CHOOSE to start playing it.  Imagine how annoying it would be if every track on a CD you're ripping started playing the moment it was done ripping.

2)  Multiple library entries of the SAME files when downloading Audible files in MC12:

When downloading multiple files from Audible at the same time, MC cues each file for download and starts downloading them.  I just did this, but when MC was done, some of the files were listed 2 or even 3 times in the library.  I checked the target folder and there was only one instance of each file, so the library had imported the same files more than once.  I deleted the extra entries from the library and it seems okay, but obviously this should not have happened.

3)  MC12 is not displaying art embedded in Audible files:

As I mentioned in the bug thead, with MC12, Audible files WITH embedded art are still not displaying it (even though MC says the art is "inside file.")  On top of this, NONE of the Audible files I've downloaded since using MC12 say that the art is "inside file" anymore.  The only aa files that say that the art is "inside file" are files that were downloaded with MC11.  MC11, by the way, was displaying art for all of my recent Audible downloads.

Thanks for looking into these issues.  I recently switched to MC12 exclusively (i.e. I stopped using MC11) so I can no longer revert to MC11 (incompatible library.)

Larry

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Audible file bugs in MC12.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:21:49 am »

i have the same issues with no art showing too.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Audible file bugs in MC12.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:08:01 pm »

Thanks Park.  If/when you download some Audible files, please take note of whether or not they "auto-play" after downloading just to confirm this issue as well.  I find it really annoying to set off a bunch of audible files to download since I have to keep hitting "Stop" over and over as the files auto-play.  This did not happen with MC11, but I can't say when this issue started with MC12

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up