INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Browsing Much Faster?  (Read 902 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
MP3 Browsing Much Faster?
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:54:01 am »

I've been testing other situations lately and was very surprised to find this.  It must just be something I'm doing but compared to my 9.8K FLAC library, when I had about 5K MP3's, searching was pretty much instantaneous.  For some strange reason my searching can take 1-3 seconds.  My question here is if the searching is purely from the MC database and if filetype would therefore have no impact on speed?  I suppose having half the songs may help a bit but for some of you with 100K songs, I'm betting you have instantaneous searches, too?

I need to keep trying things but I was drooling when I saw the true speed of MC's search!

benn600

Re: MP3 Browsing Much Faster?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:53 am »

I should also point out (after starting my other thread--reminded me) that browsing on the MP101 was incredibly fast.  I saw literally no delay at all when accessing items.  That is the kind of speed I would love to enjoy on a daily basis!  (this speed was w/ mp3's)

benn600

Re: MP3 Browsing Much Faster?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:50:37 pm »

Ya know, I think I may have solved my problem here.  I just recently let my computer run for 8 hours to get thumbnails for everything and since then, searching is much faster!  I bet it is slowed down by the extra network and general computer activity.  Quite happy now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up