INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assigning keys  (Read 839 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Assigning keys
« on: October 27, 2006, 05:46:18 pm »

Did MC not use to have an option to specify what keys would do what?

It would be great if this could be added in.

I know there are remote control options if you can find the remote plugin, but I can't :-(

And it makes using MC as a replacement for Windows Media Center Edition less useful. For instance, my remote has channel up and down buttons. I never use TV (I can't cos MC doesn't support my tuner anyway) so it would be nice if I could assign those to do zoom in and out. There are other buttons on my remote too, which I think MC probably could detect as key presses and therefore assign to actions...

gappie

Re: Assigning keys
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:32:48 am »

you could look into girder. it gives the option to control nearly everything with your remote or keyboard. do a search on the mc11 forum for much more info.
an other option is when you have the possebility to trigger bat files with your remote, to use mcc commands for several mc12 functions.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Assigning keys
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 11:55:11 am »

I've used girder in the past... and I guess I'll probably have to go back to it.

But it's still a shame that MC isn't inherently more configurable in this respect - I'm still a bit disappointed that there are things I can't easily do with the remote; I really was hoping I'd be able to ditch the Microsoft MCE stuff...
Pages: [1]   Go Up