INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question re detecting duplicate copies of an album  (Read 1316 times)

pmarca

• Recent member
question re detecting duplicate copies of an album
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:03:07 am »

Sometimes I accidentally rip the same CD twice, giving it the same artist and album name and often the same track names.  Is there a way to scan for duplicates -- e.g. albums that have multiple instances of the same track numbers?

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: question re detecting duplicate copies of an album
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:32:49 am »

open media center, press the F9 key, from the rule drop-down, choose "audio -- task -- possible duplicates"

pmarca

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 05:51:55 pm »

Thanks -- but I think I'm looking for something different -- instances where for the same Album and Artist, there are multiple instances of the same Track # -- 1, 2, etc.  In other words, the tracks may not have the same name, but where there may be two copies of the same album listed under the same Album and Artist anyway.

Muchos gracias...

pmarca

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »

Never mind -- I figured it out, based on your pointer.

I use a smartlist with this filter:

[media type]=[audio] ~dup=[artist],[album],[track #] ~sort=[artist],[album],[track #],[name] -[Genre]=[Classical]

I can then build another one for only Classical that adds [composer] to the dup list.

Thanks!

pmarca

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »

Never mind -- I figured it out, based on your pointer.

I use a smartlist with this filter:

[media type]=[audio] ~dup=[artist],[album],[track #] ~sort=[artist],[album],[track #],[name] -[Genre]=[Classical]

I can then build another one for only Classical that adds [composer] to the dup list.

Thanks!

Replying to myself again...

That approach does generate some spurious results due to apparent concatenation of [album] and [track #] literally...

E.g. these two are flagged as duplicates when they are not -- "CD1" concatenated with "11" is being matched with "CD11" concatenated with "1".

Name   Artist   Album   Rating   Genre   Track #   Duration   Bitrate   File Type   Date   Filename

Track 11   Nat King Cole   The Complete Capitol Recordings CD1   ?   General   11   2:26   324   wma      R:\Music\General\Nat King Cole\Nat King Cole - The Complete Capitol Recordings CD1\Nat King Cole - The Complete Capitol Recordings CD1 - 11.wma

Track 1   Nat King Cole   The Complete Capitol Recordings CD11   ?   General   1   2:36   440   wma      R:\Music\General\Nat King Cole\Nat King Cole - The Complete Capitol Recordings CD11\Nat King Cole - The Complete Capitol Recordings CD11 - 01.wma

That's pretty funny, actually!
Pages: [1]   Go Up