INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble with wma, directx and other streaming files  (Read 749 times)

roving cowboy

trouble with wma, directx and other streaming files
« on: September 07, 2002, 11:21:28 am »

ok a couple of months ago about july 2002 i started posting on the web with this trouble.
it seemed like a wmp error. which made me run through all the possables from that.

it did not turn out to be that. but it might have caused it by messing up the sound drivers for directx.

anyway i ran though out this system and tried uninstalling the wmp, the sound drivers and several other media players and then reinstalling them.

found out through one of postings i put on a message board that it was the slider on the directx dianogistic program tab for sound that was possibley messing it up.

so i moved it to the left and tried the sound program again.

it worked the wma's and others played. great i thought. fixed.

wrong. the slider was not staying in the no acceleration setting after i rebooted.

so i decided to try and update the sound drivers. before i re installed the directx 8 again.

oops big mistake i thought cause then it messed up the sound drivers so bad they were removed.

great now i had to reinstall them from windows update. before i could update them.

after that was done i rebooted and thought what if it was the old drivers that were just messed up and i did not need to reinstall them.
so i tried the wma file again.

it worked. in the wmp  but now what if i rebooted. ?

so i tried it.

yep i had sound when starting windows. but not wanting to look at the wma files alot. so as not to get mad. but there was no other way so i did the check and bingo it worked after a reboot.

so i came here and posted this. now if it just keeps working.

hope this helps someone else as to what might be their trouble.

oh yeah i have the cmaudio pci drivers on this computer.

roving cowboy

RE:trouble with wma, directx and other streaming files
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 11:25:13 am »

sorry jim forgot to post the mj version.  

Media Jukebox  8.0.356
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 601 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 326 MB, Free - 215 MB
Resource Info: System - 36 %, GDI - 64 %, User - 36 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A
Pages: [1]   Go Up