INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlists with tree navigation  (Read 1200 times)

wglong

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Smartlists with tree navigation
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:10:10 pm »

Ok, the title was hard to write, and searching the internet for this topic is even harder, at least I found that.

I want to create smartlists that allow me to drill down.  In other words, I have a smartlist that contains a lot of my favorite music; however, when you access the smartlist on the ipod it shows a list of songs. I don't want to see the songs, I want to see the next level, like Artists, then Albums, etc.  I want the smartlists to have a tree navigation like the regular navigation on the ipod.  Is this possible?  If it can't be done with MC, can it be done in any way?

So, I see
[Playlist name] -> [Songs]

I want
[Playlist name] -> [Artists] -> [Albums] -> [Songs]

wglong

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Smartlists with tree navigation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:46:47 pm »

anyone?  Just can't do?

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Re: Smartlists with tree navigation
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:09:02 pm »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think your trouble is more with the iPod than with Media Center.  Smartlists basically become standard playlists as they're being transferred to the iPod, and playlists are all accessed the same way.  There might be a way to alter the way that all playlists on the iPod are accessed, but it's beyond my abilities.

Just my two cents.  If anyone else has other information, I'd be curious about this as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up