INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio Revolution 5.1 XP Drivers work on Vista  (Read 4075 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
M-Audio Revolution 5.1 XP Drivers work on Vista
« on: November 11, 2006, 06:13:36 am »

M-Audio currently does not support this driver on Vista, and getting it to work requires a few steps.

Download the driver package from the M-Audio website, right click it, choose properties
Select Compatibility Tab
Selct Run This Program in Compatibility mode for:
- Windows 2000
Select Privilege Level
- Administrator
Click Ok

Run the installer (called revo51_win_1.0.0.0 if you didn't rename it)

You will get a popup with options to search for drivers, select ask later.

Choose to reboot the system once its done and login again.

You should see balloon tips in the lower right corner, you can click it and follow the installation of different components.

If audio plays at all, it sounds corrupted. I don't think this can hurt the soundcard but I suggest to be safe and don't start playing things just yet.

Goto Control Panel, Choose Hardware and Sound and under Sound choose Manage Audio Devices

Select speakers, click configure, and somewhere you should be able to select 24bit, 192khz. For some reason at my pc this only worked once and I can't get there anymore.

Select speakers, click properties, tab Levels, set main volume to 100% (I think this is different from the main Volume Mixer).

Sound should be working now and the task bar Icon for M-audio control panel should be available for you to select analog or digital output. Both work over here.

Remember, this is unsupported and your mileage may vary. I'm just glad I got it to work.

Ingemar.

phokono

• Recent member
Re: M-Audio Revolution 5.1 XP Drivers work on Vista
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:02:48 am »

thnx 4 da tip, got me staying in Vistaland without having to upgrade cards.

I tested with Pulp Fiction in Dolby Digital in WinDVD with 24/96 on and the OS with 24/192 on, sounded great on my 5.1 headphones.

Its not ideal but it works in video and audio, system sounds interfere and you can't open the control panel at all... maybe m-audio will release drivers soon, maybe...

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
Re: M-Audio Revolution 5.1 XP Drivers work on Vista
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:05:22 am »

didnt work with my Delta44 (darn!) have to wait for vista drivers....   :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up