INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Vision Sync Problems and Alternate (Converted) Library  (Read 1632 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Zen Vision Sync Problems and Alternate (Converted) Library
« on: November 13, 2006, 10:23:34 pm »

I have been having problems syncing my Zen Vision (MC v11.1.200).  It seems to think a different number of files need to be synced each time even after the sync "finishes".  For example, I ran the complete sync and closed down MC.  I restarted MC and it said 500 files still needed to be synced?  I then restarted MC again and it said 600 files needed to be synced??  I also noticed it put a few WMA files in the "data" directory on the Zen?

So, I thought I would make things easier by creating an alternate library of converted files (reduced from WMA lossless) so that I would only have to upload each time and not redo the conversions.  There seems to be a few problems with this approach:

1) I have my folder structure as "album artist (auto)/album" but when converting formats there only seems to be a default option of using "artist/album" when moving the files?  Why isn't it possible to set the specific folder structure like everything else?

2) Once I get all the files converted is there an easy way to "copy" playlists using the new folders?  It looks like I might have to export the playlists and edit the playlist files manually?

Has anyone used this approach successfully?  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

SwellGuy

Re: Zen Vision Sync Problems and Alternate (Converted) Library
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:25:12 pm »

Are you syncing a Smartlist?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »

Are you syncing a Smartlist?

Yes, but one that includes certain genres so it does not change the number of tracks between syncs.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:47:34 am »

Part of the problem seems to be that it is doing funny things with album names.  For example, I have an album named "... Hits".  It seems to transfer the album as just "Hits" and then when I go to resync it puts "... Hits" in the queue again?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 07:47:08 am »

Any word on the album naming issue??

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:01:32 am »

It would be nice to be able to sync my Zen Vision successfully.  Some assistance, please?

SwellGuy

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »

We aren't able to reproduce this. You may want to give MC 12 a try - it has two features that could help you...

1) We've added a handheld converted file cache that keeps copies of the converted files to speed up syncing. You won't have to maintain the alternate library you set up.

2) We fixed a bug that was doing some synchronization evaluations on the original file instead of on the converted file.

Let us know if you have any luck with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up