INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.114  (Read 3532 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.114
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120114.exe

12.0.114 (11/14/06)

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.
2. Fixed: Menu transparency could be one-step behind when right-clicking a pane item.
3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)
4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.
5. Changed: Reworked the "Burning" options page to look more like other options pages. (and have nicer filtering of audio / data options based on burn mode)
6. Fixed: MC better identifies Toshiba Gigabeat S and F models.
7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.
8. Fixed: Skinning enabled on file browser control under vista.  (Associated crash fixed.)
9. NEW: Scheduled recording handles asx streams.
10. Fixed: Thumbnail generation for videos with relative path image files wouldn't always work.
11. Changed: The "image file" field is honored for data files just like for audio and video files.

12.0.113 (11/14/06)

1. NEW: Internal volume control is available for DX video player and DVD player (may not work for all sound cards, but should work for most).
2. Fixed: MC hang when stopping video player while FF/REWing.
3. Changed: Filter selection is allowed for Windows Media types (transform filters, i.e. decoders only - the source filter will always be WM Asf Reader).
4. Changed: Changing debug logging options doesn't require restart of Media Center.
5. Fixed: Some long or international filenames would not work properly over Library Server.
6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
7. Changed: Reworked how MIME types are handled for Podcasting and sharing plugins. (hopefully transparent, but please report any issues)
8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.
9. Fixed: RAW Image cache files could be deleted in certain situations.

12.0.112 (11/13/06)

1. Fixed: Find albums in gallery uploader updates the list with "Title: %s  (Album: %s)"
2. Changed: Removed Media Jukebox 8 library upgrader. (it's best to reimport when coming from MJ 8)
3. Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.
4. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down work more logically in Theater View.
5. Changed: Main navigation tree uses tree-style keyboard navigation. (instead of list-style navigation proposed in build 111)
6. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over the volume slider with the mouse perfectly still and playback stopped would leave "Volume xx%" stuck in the player area.
7. Fixed: iPod database corruption introduced in build 12.0.111.
8. Changed: Stock smartlists (like Top Hits and Recently Played) work correctly after being renamed or moved. (pick Tree > Right-Click > Playlists > Create Stock Smartlists to recreate missing playlists)
9. Changed: When rotating an image that's playing using the right-click menu or toolbar button, the playback display now updated immediately.
10. Fixed: Command line TreePath=... didn't work properly when firing while MC wasn't running.
11. Fixed: IPTC 'Date Created' Tag gets properly imported (mapped to Date field).
12. Changed: Ctrl+Right Arrow / Ctrl+Left Arrow change playback rate (fast forward/rewind) in DX video player, just as in DVD and TV.

12.0.111 (11/10/06)

1. Changed: Display uses a black background color when in display view, theater view, or detached mode. (still uses skin color when in Standard or Mini View)
2. Changed: When scheduling a task, the start time is disabled when the "Now" checkbox is marked.
3. Changed: Tree keyboard navigation up / down caps at the ends. (instead of selecting none when pressing up at the top)
4. Fixed: Image and Video web media views wouldn't properly keep their tree selection.
5. Changed: Revised how up, down, left, and right navigate the tree to be more logical. (use space bar to toggle expansion)
6. Changed: Theater View list menus stretch across the entire item again. (instead of stopping in some cases)
7. Changed: Theater View webpage views don't show "Display View" and "Play All" buttons.
8. Changed: Opening the Burn or Handheld action window no longer sometimes jumps to "Audio". (was done to make "Drop files here" obvious, but jump logic was too elaborate to be helpful)
9. Fixed: Missing CDA files queued for burning to an audio CD wouldn't be properly handled. (burning would start and fail in the middle)
10. Changed: After cancelling a burn, the sequence and disc number columns wouldn't disappear from the CD view.
11. Changed: Library Server adds a custom HTTP server.
12. Fixed: The CD Labeler could crash when dealing with an album name that had an invalid file system character in it.
13. Fixed: Album list no longer sorts in the gallery upload.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.114
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:15:33 pm »

7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.

What does MC do to get album art to the Gigabeat?  Remember I figured out a way to get album art on my Sansa but it doesn't work anymore.

1. Is there a way to get cover art to the Sansa?  It will display album art as long as it is a standard jpg file in the album folder--so it's pretty robust and will handle what you throw at it--but should be converted to 240x240 (320x240).
2. If there isn't a way, can you fix the problem I was describing earlier?  I had a playlist that would pull in my 4,5 star songs + the associated Folder.jpg file.  Being a quite complex playlist may be part of the cause for the problem but upon synchronizing, it would say there are duplicate tracks, list the Folder.jpg files, and say I must remove them (Yes) if I want to sync.

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:22:27 pm »

benn600, we're looking into that now...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 06:48:16 pm »

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.

Thank you!  I had to "erase" all the thumbnails to get them to appear, but after I did this I could once again see them.  After this I'll have to delete all my aa files from the iPod and re-sync it, after which I assume I'll once again be able to see the images on the iPod.

3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)

They open now, but it's automatically using Internet Explorer to open the files, and the formatting is gone, so it's in one big lump of text rather than formatted correctly as it was with notepad.  Is there a way to get IE to utilize the formatting, and if not, how do I make it so a different program opens them that DOES obey the formatting?

4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.

Confirmed -- thanks.  For anyone looking for these, they're all in one category called "Text Files (txt,rtf,log)."

Thanks,

Larry

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:36:24 pm »

Right-click on a search item (what are these really called?) in a Smartlist and select Edit (by typing).  If you decide you don't want to actually change anything and hit ESC (seems like a logical thing to do), it clears out the whole Smartlist!

To make things even worse it's not Undo'able (Ctrl-Z)!

Luckily clicking on another Smartlist and saying "NO" to the "Do you want to save changes..." dialog prevents loosing your Smartlist. I'm guessing a new user might not realize that though, and will start re-entering what he had before as he grumbles a few choice words... :)

Looks like the same thing happens when you click off the end of a smartlist, which selects the whole thing, then hit ESC.

I'm guessing this appeared when ESC was added as a way clear out the search field...

-John

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:55:45 pm »

Thank you!  I had to "erase" all the thumbnails to get them to appear, but after I did this I could once again see them.  After this I'll have to delete all my aa files from the iPod and re-sync it, after which I assume I'll once again be able to see the images on the iPod.

Larry, before I erase my thumbnails, I just want to check that this is going to work. When you look at the tag info for audible files, is there anything in the "Image" field? For me there is nothing, so I'm wondering if I might have deleted the art somehow.

I wish there were an option to "rebuild thumbnails for selected files"

skeeterfood

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 08:03:41 pm »

The Slim Mini View's menus need a way to set the "Always on Top" option.

And why is "Playback Options" available under both the Player->Playback Options menu and Player->Display Options->Player->Playback Options menu?  The second one seems a bit redundant.

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 08:24:33 pm »

Control-End/Home results are confusing:
1) Select some item in a view other than the first.
2) Hit Control-End
3) Press Down
Result: Nothing happens!
4) Press Up
Result: Second from last item is now selected!
5) Hit Control-Home
Result: The original item you had selected still looks selected
6) Press the Up Arrow
Result: Nothing happens!
7) Press Down
Result: The second item in the list is now selected!

Looks like Control-Home/End are selecting the First/Last items in the list, but are not updating the selection...

-John

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 08:32:19 pm »

What happened to the update broken links option on an Import?......  I moved a bunch of files from Drive G to Drive J (My Music drive), told MC to import all of drive J.....

-It added all the files on J
-It failed to removed the old links pointing to G like it always used to....
-When I go to my audio view, It still has the old files, but they don't show as broken links - but if I click them, it gives an error message about being unable to play an unrelated file.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 02:37:53 am »

mp4 videos are re-syncing every time. Only ones tagged with Music Video in the Media Sub type field are re-syncing. Those which have no Media Sub Type tag are staying on the iPod.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 04:12:52 am »

In a view, I'm able to tab into and edit fields that I shouldn't  be able to ie File Type and Bitrate.

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 07:25:41 am »

There seems to be some sort of bug with art in downloaded mp3s.  I've noticed that with web-downloaded mp3's ("listen now" mp3s that are also available as podcast feeds), any changes I make to the tags causes the art to stop showing.  The Image continues to say "inside file" after it's gone, but it does not display.

To get around this, I've had to re-download these mp3s, "copy" the art to the clipboard, make changes to the tags (at which point the art disappears) and then "Paste" the art BACK to the file.  This works, and the art is once again there, but it would be nice if I didn't have to go though this roundabout process to keep the art with the file.

Thanks,

Larry

dcwebman

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 08:06:38 am »

6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
If this is the way it's going to stay and not allow a way to make the menus solid, then the disabled lines in the menus need to have their color brightened a bit in Noire. For example, I put Quick Play in the toolbar and when I click on that menu, the instructions at the bottom are barely visible because they blend in with what's underneath the menu.
Jeff

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:21 am »

BUG: Podcasts not playing on iPod.

While investigating the "art" issue with downloaded mp3s (posted above), I've discovered that Podcasts do not work when transferred to the iPod.  When I try to play them, they jump to the last few seconds of the track and end.  Hitting the "back" button only makes them jump to the same point (i.e. 3 seconds before the end.)  This happens with both recently downloaded Podcasts, and Podcasts that I downloaded a while back.

These same files play fine in MC12 -- it's just the iPod that can't play them.  I tried deleting and re-synching them, but the same thing happens.

Thanks,

Larry

TimB

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 09:41:56 am »

Major iPod problem.

Replicated with 112 and 114, wasn't a problem on an earlier release.

My MP3's are on my iPod, 80gig, but don't play.  If I put songs on with iTunes they do play.  So I have albums that do and don't play on the same iPod.  The songs do play from within MC12 and iTunes, just not on the iPod.

This user has the same problem http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37108.0

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 10:18:46 am »

x.  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png
(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
x. There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
x. The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:
> Click Button
> Move mouse away from button without releasing click
> Once away from button release click
x.  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?

SwellGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 10:18:55 am »

iPod MP3 playback problems

We're temporarily removing our implementation of gapless playback in the next build because it is causing this and a host of other problems. Gapless playback will be back when we have a better understanding of how to implement it safely.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 03:09:30 pm »

iPod MP3 playback problems

We're temporarily removing our implementation of gapless playback in the next build because it is causing this and a host of other problems. Gapless playback will be back when we have a better understanding of how to implement it safely.

Thanks for the update.

Just to reiterate, MC12's gapless playback on iPods is still not working correctly anyway (it's clipping off a bit of the song.)  It's therefore not just a matter of "safe implementation," it's a matter of it malfunctioning as well.  For anyone interested, see this thread for more details:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36405.0

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up