INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple search in Theater view  (Read 1411 times)

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
Simple search in Theater view
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:48:35 pm »

After posting a request for help on searching Theater view (Thanks to the folks who responded to my post!) it seems there is no easy way to search Theater view.  Would it be possible to implement a simple artist\album search in this view?  If we could just type a letter and be taken to the first artist whose name starts with that letter (Like you can do in Tree view.) it would make finding a particular artist much easier than it is now.  I use this view to thumb through my music catalog and going page to page is a very slow process.

Thanks

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Simple search in Theater view
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:16:09 pm »

This is how I handle this...

1. Goto Edit->"Add View Scheme..."
2. Add the standard View scheme field "Artist" and on that same dialog, make sure you check the box: "Grouping (ie. A-C, D-F, etc...)".
3. Leave the Grouping Size setting on 1
4. Add a second field for "Album".
5. Call the view scheme something meaningful like "All Artists" and make sure the "Show In Theater View" check box is checked.

Now, when you enter this view scheme in Theater View, you're presented with an A-Z list for artists.

Hope that helps.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:25:51 pm »

This is how I handle this...

1. Goto Edit->"Add View Scheme..."
2. Add the standard View scheme field "Artist" and on that same dialog, make sure you check the box: "Grouping (ie. A-C, D-F, etc...)".
3. Leave the Grouping Size setting on 1
4. Add a second field for "Album".
5. Call the view scheme something meaningful like "All Artists" and make sure the "Show In Theater View" check box is checked.

Now, when you enter this view scheme in Theater View, you're presented with an A-Z list for artists.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I've just seen you've already been "advised" of this method in your MC11 thread. Obviously, you're looking for an alternative.

Thanks.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:52:16 pm »

raym thanks very much for the reply.  This does make it easier to navigate, it's not a replacement for a simple text search but it helps.

Thanks again,

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:22 pm »

I was getting ready to ask for this request also. When searching for an album or song title, there is no direct way to do this, as there is in Standard View. Scrolling through a list of thousands of songs to get near the end of the list is PITA. Something on the order of a Show Alaphbet would be nice. :)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 12:27:26 am »

I belive that search could have a bigger place in theater view, than on a dropdown. Maybe a own button on the left bar.

Also I do miss a search like it is when typing in standard view. I think it so much faster writing the desired search than clicking it.

Together with <a href="http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/upp/details/NO/EN,crid=2676,contentid=12339" target="_blank">this[/url], the navigation would rock in theater view on tv...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 12:29:17 am »

crap. How do I make the post use my own html?

*** Edit: What a loser. Figured it out. I used [ instead of <'s...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up