INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you Sync with IPOD from MC with WMA Lossless?  (Read 751 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Can you Sync with IPOD from MC with WMA Lossless?
« on: November 19, 2006, 03:51:15 am »

I've got all my Music ripped as WMA Lossless and my daughter wants an IPOD for Christmas (cause they are cute and her friends have them).  Will MC convert and sync her music from WMA Lossless to the IPOD in a format that works?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can you Sync with IPOD from MC with WMA Lossless?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:05:14 am »

I've got all my Music ripped as WMA Lossless and my daughter wants an IPOD for Christmas (cause they are cute and her friends have them).  Will MC convert and sync her music from WMA Lossless to the IPOD in a format that works?
Thanks
Nathan

While I haven't done it (I just use mp3s) I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.  MC's allows you to configure sync conversion options for just this purpose -- you just have to plug in the iPod, initialize it in MC, and set up the "Option > Handheld" options to convert it to a format that the iPod can use (I'd recommend mp3.)

Note that in the last couple MC beta builds, some changes were made that broke several aspects of iPod synching via MC, but I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon, and even if you couldn't wait, you could use an earlier build (such as 105) to sync it for the time being.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up