INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions and Issues  (Read 880 times)

marrahm

• Recent member
Questions and Issues
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:24:40 am »

I'm a recently registered user of MC12.  Its a fantastic program -- exactly what I was looking for to rid myself of 6 different players, 2 suites of camera programs and bunch of CD ripping and burning tools.  I know I'm still just scratching the surface of it, but I have a few questions and issues remaining after searching the archives for answers.

First,  why does DVD playback stutterstep every few seconds?  I have a dell with the stock PowerDVD playback tools and an nvidia 6800.  Windows MC and powerdvd playback DVDs seamlessly, but MC stutters every 15 seconds or so.

Second,  I use the sound recorder function fairly often.  Mostly to record my two growing divas singing or doing something else I hope to embarrass them with in the future.  It would be great to have say, one album in each of their names ever year or month and then just incrementally add a track to it by right clicking on the album and saying record a new track or something.  Any chance I could add that feature to the wish list?

Third,  is there a way of customizing a view or toolbar by adding/moving tools around?  for example, I'd love to add a tool at the top for once click access to the recorder function rather than going through the drop downs each time.  Similarly, one click access to favorite webcast sources or playlists would be great.   Nothing fancy, just the ability to customize a toolbar.

Fourth,  do I need to do something to have MC12 autoupdate? I'll do the autocheck for updates, which never says there are any available. Yet there is a new "stable" version posted here. 

Fifth,  is it possible to add things to the left hand drop downs?  For example, if I wanted to add the next greatest "Shoutcast" or other web source to the tree, how would I do that?  Same question regarding favorites streams from webcasts.  Is there a way of making a playlist of favorite streams from shoutcast or otherwise?

Thanks in advance for  any help.  And sorry if I missed the answers to any of these in the archives.

Regards,
Mike

gappie

Re: Questions and Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:43:01 am »

why does DVD playback stutterstep every few seconds?  I have a dell with the stock PowerDVD playback tools and an nvidia 6800.  Windows MC and powerdvd playback DVDs seamlessly, but MC stutters every 15 seconds or so.
go to the playback options and to dvd, try different filters (for instance the powerdvd one)

Third,  is there a way of customizing a view or toolbar by adding/moving tools around?  for example, I'd love to add a tool at the top for once click access to the recorder function rather than going through the drop downs each time.  Similarly, one click access to favorite webcast sources or playlists would be great.   Nothing fancy, just the ability to customize a toolbar.
right click on the toolabr and choose customize toolbar. the soundrecorder is available there.

hope it helps

gab

marrahm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:39:26 pm »

gab.

Thanks for both tips.  Apparently, I had right clicked on everything but the top of the toolbar. 

On the playback options, I had tried to play with the Audio/video Decoders and the Filters before, but the only video decoder I have in the list is the dell cyberlink one so i was never able to accomplish much.

there are a couple other audio decooders from my nero install, but I'm keeping the cyberlink audio as well.

I never could figure out what the filter list actually does other than provide more info on the filter and allow some options to be changed.  I doesn't seem as if you can actually change or select filters, correct?

In playing around with it again, I tried disabling the hardware acceleration in the Cyberlink video filter -- that did it.  I don't know why, but using the hardware accel was causing dvd playback to stutter every few seconds.  PowerDVD must have that option turned off, but I can't find any way to change the options in that program.  I may look for a newer nvidia driver to see if that makes any difference. 

Thanks again,
mike

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 06:15:47 pm »

i also use the powerdvd filters (version 7 in my case). when you click dvd playbacksettings in options, the video decoder i leave automatic but i fooled around a lot with the audio settings which have a huge influence on the dvd playback (and not always only for the audio). there i also use cyberlink audiodecoder, double clicking on the filters you have in the list underneath that not only show you the properties but some some can also be changed.
play around with it, maybe it helps.

the second point of your original post made me think. when you get a hang to how playlists and views work, and maybe with a function like library tools > fill track numbers from list order, you have enough tools to get a great album from your growing divas.

Pages: [1]   Go Up