INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.119  (Read 3854 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.119
« on: November 22, 2006, 03:58:10 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
<build pulled to investigate image tagging issues>

12.0.119 (11/22/06)

1. Fixed: Playing files with internal art could stack images in the temporary folder until the program was closed.
2. Fixed: Adding a large number of files to a data disk burn would freeze MC for an extended time.
3. Fixed: Folder renaming for a data disk burn wasn't working correctly.
4. NEW: When emailing log files (Help > Logging...), both logs are placed in a single zip file.
5. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page didn't have a border on the Data Disc name field, making it hard to read.
6. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page would be too tall in data mode.
7. Fixed: In some Action Window pages, controls could draw with black backgrounds in certain cases.
8. Changed: In a new library, "Camera" is a default search field.
9. NEW: During image playback, the next and previous image are preloaded in a background thread for near-instant image switching.

12.0.118 (11/21/06)

1. Fixed: The "Compression" field would not be properly filled when ripping a track. (use "Update Library (from tags)" to fill in any files missing this field)
2. Changed: Replaced "Category" in field properties dialog with "Flags". (to pick what media type a field belongs to, etc.)
3. Fixed: "Playing Now" would display properly with translation enabled.
4. Fixed: Text and images in Theater View that keyed off of location didn't work properly with translation enabled.
5. Fixed: Video podcasts could still have an unknown media type.
6. Fixed: "Crop" aspect ratio setting did not work properly in video player and TV when video window was resized.
7. Changed: Changed how FF and REW are carried out. Some MPEG-2 files previously had problem updating image should perform better now.
8. Fixed: Ratings not getting posted back to MC from iPod if the files were manually transferred.
9. Fixed: Transferring protected files to an iPod could case MC to hang.
10. Fixed: Some asx streams wouldn't play.
11. Fixed: MC was identifying non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
12. Fixed: Files with internal art wouldn't show their art when switching from G-Force to another visualization.
13. NEW: Theater View uses an on-screen keyboard for performing searches. (NOTE: only Noire skin updated -- others to follow)

12.0.117 (11/20/06)

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list.
2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.
3. Fixed: Gridlines were not appearing in lists.
4. NEW: Dropping files onto "Playlists" or any playlist group will create a new playlist with those files.
5. NEW: Right-click "Playing Now" in the tree has "Edit Playing Now..." for drag-n-drop editing in the Action Window.
6. NEW: Streamlined the Action Window "Build Playlist" so only a single-click (or drag-n-drop) is required to make a playlist.
7. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't redraw properly when releasing them when the mouse wasn't over the scrollbar.
8. Changed: "Playlists" view header has a "Add Playlist Group" button.
9. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.
10. Optimized: Skin switching looks smoother and happens faster.
11. Changed: Playlist groups have a unique icon in the tree.
12. Fixed: Seeking from the start of a converted on-the-fly file with the UPnP Server (and DSM32 e.g.) didn't work.
13. Fixed: Some UPnP playback types could fail.
14. Fixed: Podcasts wouldn't properly understand some file types.
15. Fixed: Data disc folder naming option was broken.
16. Fixed: MP3 files not playing on some iPods.
17. Fixed: In very rare situations MC was analizing non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
18. Fixed: With a multi-monitor system, maximizing app, showing fullscreen display on a different monitor, and then returning could switch the monitor the program was on.
19. Changed: Reworked how stacks of audio images are generated so that stack images are broken on album boundaries instead of image boundaries. (this fixes some library server stack issues)
20. Fixed: MP4 file types occasionally listed as 'not supported' for transfer to iPods.

12.0.116 (11/17/06)

1. Fixed: The TiVo Server was displaying "Unknown Request" error messages.
2. NEW: Many enhancements to how list, tree, options, menu, etc. selections can be drawn. (see Noire skin for an example)
3. Changed: Options tree expand/collapse caret now flips as the tree is expanded and collapsed.
4. NEW: When burning a data disc, new option for creating a UDF file system rather than ISO9660. Strictly for beta testing.
5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.
6. Changed: Added support for gapless playback of mp3 files specifically containing gapless playback information.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.119
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:31:17 pm »

More about the image loading change here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37238.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:55:24 pm »

2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.

Where there are no thumbs to show for content within a given list item, could you please use the standard NoThumb.png image (just like in normal thumb view)? It looks a little empty not showing anything.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:16:48 pm »

recent playing nows dont show up until you kicked the tree somehow, like made or deleted a playlist or opened options and said ok. things like that.
and it resets to a playlsit that is not one from jrivers (imo it should reset to how the current playing now looks(that makes sence)) , so its not a reset. more here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37167.0

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 08:56:54 pm »

I just ripped a cd.
The secure rip report window does not show the last line of the report.
It is hidden by the scroll bar. If you move the cursor down to the line it highlights and comes on top but disappears again when you move the cursor off of it.
The cd I ripped had 21 tracks in case that makes a difference.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 03:53:01 am »

With 119, Media Center seems to just crash after playing a few songs. It will just close itself after a few songs. Revert back to 118 and everything is alright.

Library Server is running.
Don't Panic!

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 07:43:13 am »

We can drag view schemes around from one one place to the other, but it is not possible to drag a view scheme to the root level, so that we have to re-create an already existing view scheme, which is quite tiresome to do again and again.

Would it be possible to implement the moving/copying  of a view scheme from audio/image/video by dragging the view scheme to "Start" the same way, as we have to move to "Start" to add a new view scheme on the root level. Thank you!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 07:46:09 am »

With 119, Media Center seems to just crash after playing a few songs. It will just close itself after a few songs. Revert back to 118 and everything is alright.

Library Server is running.

Try disabling all plugins. (DSP, display, interface, etc.)  Start a new thread if it keeps having problems.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 09:11:43 am »

Lost most of my thumbnails in this build. (For audio files only). They show up in the tag window. They show up in image viewschemes.

Tried, "update tags from library" then "update library from tags". Still no thumbnail.

Tried "Quick find in cover art directory" No luck.

Tried "Build missing thumbnails" No joy.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 03:49:51 am »

This is not a bug, but could JR possibly consider returning the "All" button to the top of all lists in Theater View?  I was using Theater View quite a bit today, and I kept running into situations where I litterally could NOT bring up the list of albums I wanted -- lists that I COULD have brought up with an ALL button at the top of each list page (like MC used to have.)  I had to go an create a custom view scheme TWICE just so I could see a list the way I wanted on the Theater View.  It seems ridiculous to have to manually create a custom view scheme just to see something that the "ALL" button used to give me IMMEDIATE access to.

Is is REALLY such a problem for people to have the "All" button present at the top of lists?  It seems like the only complaint was the idea that people who didn't need it had to skip over it.  This strikes me as an TINY extra effort to go through, yet not having the All button saves a LOT of effort for people that do use this button.

Note also that the iPod, which is generally considered a standard of sorts in this arena, always offers an All button at the top of lists.

Thanks for considering this,

Larry

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 06:27:30 am »

This build seems to have fixed the GForce coverart problem ( not sure that it was an intentional fix.. )
The "Clo Sto DV" message still is appearing when closing a DVD ( posted earlier ).
The mouse pointer seems to have crept back in again whilst in Theatre View and Display.

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 03:47:44 pm »

I'm still able to edit 'Bitrate' and 'Filetype' values within a view grid and MC doesn't like it if you've changed a file type!

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

johnnyboy

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 02:02:47 am »

Quick Find cover art isn't working.
Checked the folder where the songs are and I can clearly see Folder.jpg yet when I do this, tracks still aren't showing their cover art.

Also, sorting seems to be broken and isn't saving or working (works if I click view headers, not when I set in Customise Current View.

johnnyboy

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 02:47:36 am »

Another bug - I have my taskbar on the left.
After I'm doing 'update tags' operations - MC is briefly re-drawing itself to the left over this bar leaving a space to the right the size of the task bar (MC is keeping the same size)

johnnyboy

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 11:53:53 pm »

Alert messages in MC are way too agressive - they're stealing focus from other applications (this game I'm playing) when they come up.

Windows Vista.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 01:14:33 pm »

CRASH

MC crashes everytime it reaches the end of the playing now list for my mp3 files.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 01:44:02 pm »

CRASH

MC crashes everytime it reaches the end of the playing now list for my mp3 files.

FYI -

I can't duplicate it on my system.  I'm also using 12.0.119. 

I tested it with MP3 files.  I tried it with Continuous On and Continuous Off.  With Continuous On it just restarted playing now.  With Continuous Off is gracefully stopped.

EpF

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 04:51:27 pm »

This search expression does not work as expected in a view scheme:

[Rating]==1 or [Rating]=3-4

Only ratings 2-4 show up. All the other operators work fine.

EpF

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 06:22:11 pm »

I have a field called 'Performer' in one of my viewschemes which doesn't show up in the Library & Folders section of Options.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2006, 07:29:12 pm »

Re: my thumbnails issue further up the thread, I erased thumbnails and then did a rebuild and everything turned out ok again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 12:49:41 pm »

Alert messages in MC are way too agressive - they're stealing focus from other applications (this game I'm playing) when they come up.

What alert messages?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up