INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLV support  (Read 2394 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
FLV support
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:55 am »

I was reading a previous thread about youtube and flv support. Jim commented that it is now automatic with 12.0. So my question is: will MC now play youtube files off the web, or do we still have to download the .flv folder and import into MC?

Also, regarding the "automatic setup" for flv files, I still cant get it to import an flv file. Do we still need to setup the ffdshow filters in mc first?

I cant get MC 12 to play flv files no matter what, at this point.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: FLV support
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:41:16 pm »

I cant get MC 12 to play flv files no matter what, at this point.

Are you saying you can not even play local flv files (files downloaded from YouTube for example)?

Delete FlvSplitter.ax from MC install folder and try playing again. MC should download and install a new version.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 01:39:19 pm »

correct. the files even show up with the mc icon on the desktop, which would tell me the system at least recognizes that they are     ASSOCIATED with MC,but when i left or right click (doesnt matter which), MC will not play. It also will not import. I downloaded using video ook. maybe its not saving as a true flv file?  here is a copy of the in-depth import report:

Library now has 27707 files. Search and update took 0:43.

Imported 0 new files.
Failed to import 4 files.

In-depth details:
1148578: Import: Process: Starting import (JRiver Media Center 12.0.119)
1148578: Import: GetNewFiles: Start
1148578: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_Rockaway.flv
1148578: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_'Jimmy_Jimmy'_(1983).flv
1148578: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_Something_To_Grab_For.flv
1148578: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Spike_TV_Blazer_Title_#41.flv
1148578: Import: GetNewFiles: Finish (0 ms)
1148578: Import: ImportNewFiles: Start
1148578: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_Rockaway.flv
1158782: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
1158782: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_'Jimmy_Jimmy'_(1983).flv
1169172: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
1169172: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Ric_Ocasek_-_Something_To_Grab_For.flv
1180407: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
1180407: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\Documents and Settings\Tracy Quiring\Desktop\Spike_TV_Blazer_Title_#41.flv
1191578: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
1191578: Import: ImportNewFiles: Finish (43000 ms)
1191719: Import: Process: Finish (43141 ms)

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:52:59 pm »

Delete FlvSplitter.ax from MC install folder and try playing again. MC should download and install a new version.

I too am having this problem. I tried to delete the file mentioned above... but I don't seem to have it on my computer. I even did a full search of C: just in case I was looking in the wrong spot. Nothing. Perhaps this is why I can't play FLV's.

Oh..and I'm running 12.0.119 as well... although I was running a build from a week ago or so, and it also had the same problem... which is why I updated to 119.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 08:19:03 am »

Exactly. I first tried deleting the only .ax file I had, (which wasnt flvsplitter.ax), but it didnt change anything, so i uninstalled and reinstalled MC12, and the results above were what I got. I agree with Wile, maybe a missing splitter?

I could do a little more troubleshooting on this end if I could figure out how to play the .flv files in MC11. If they wouldnt play in 11 either, then I would know there is likely something corrupt in the .flv file.

BTW, late last night I got MC12 to at least IMPORT 5 of the 20 FLV files I had on the desktop, but it wont play any of them, and who knows why it wouldnt import the other 15.

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 10:39:29 am »

ok. Now I have gotten MC12 to play FLV files. Heres what I did: Go to this URL:

http://1024k.de/bookmarklets/video-bookmarklets.html

look at the section titled How do I install the FLV DirectShow filter? Follow the instructions closely.

(you will need to download the 7zip extractor program to extract the ax file and install to your system32 folder).

Once you have done this, go to MC and select options/playback/directshow playback settings and select directshow filters on the right menu. Highlight FLV, and click on "select filters". Select the "FLV splitter" and "FLV Decoder" (dont know if you need both, but it works for me), and enter. Restart MC. Voila!!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:22:17 pm »

Good to know that you found a solution   ;)

However, there is really no need to do manual installation. There is indeed something broken, which I will fix on Monday. Even before that is fixed, you can still make it work. Try these steps:

1. Unregister/delete current installation of flvsplitter.ax from MC12 installation folder, if it is there. Do this WITHOUT MC running. If it is not found in MC12 folder, you may have previously manually installed it. In this case you should unregister it.

2. DOWNLOAD one video from Google video or YouTube if you do not already have a flv file on your local drive. Play the video ON YOUR LOCAL DRIVE, NOT directly from YouTube site. MC will automatically download and install a correct version of FLVSplitter.ax and other needed filters, and start playing the file.

3. After step 2 is successfully completed, you can now play a YouTube video directly from YouTube site, and you will not have to repeat step 2 anymore. Step 2 is crucial because of the bug I mentioned.

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 05:13:26 pm »

Now, if we could just get MC to stream .flv files to a DSM-320 (with transcoding, of course), it would be nearly perfect.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:51:59 am »

MC 12.0.120:

"7. Fixed: Playing a flv video directly from YouTube or Google Video would not work unless the user has previously played a local flv file."

Let us know if there are more problems.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:42:42 pm »

Thanks. This now works.

One note though: I had to download a Google Video to get MC to recognize the flv. I was getting frustrated because I had downloaded a couple from Youtube and they still wouldn't work with MC. As a last resort, I thought I'd try the Google Video in case there was something different about the files. Apparently there was, because it worked right away. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 09:20:05 am »

Thanks. This now works.

One note though: I had to download a Google Video to get MC to recognize the flv. I was getting frustrated because I had downloaded a couple from Youtube and they still wouldn't work with MC. As a last resort, I thought I'd try the Google Video in case there was something different about the files. Apparently there was, because it worked right away. Just thought I'd mention it.

That is strange. YouTube worked for us before Google video did.

After downloading Google Video, does YouTube work now?

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 05:40:39 pm »

After downloading Google Video, does YouTube work now?

Yes. After I downloaded a Google Video, playing the same YouTube video then worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up