INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: messing around with ~t, ~s, ~n etc.  (Read 714 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
messing around with ~t, ~s, ~n etc.
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:21:29 am »

I think there's a bug here...

If the sorting options for a smartlist are set to "default" and you introduce one of these limit modifiers, the sorting is ignored and becomes, apparently, random.

Going into 'customise current view' and removing, or moving, [media type] from, or within, the search rule fixes that and sorting is then honoured.

Apart from that, I've been trying to work out how the size limit is applied, and can't.
I started off wondering if I could create a list of full albums that didn't exceed a set number of gigs.

I thought that when a limit of this kind was imposed, MC trimmed the list from the bottom untill the rules were satisfied, but it appears to be culling files from anywhere in the list that takes its fancy. Is this how it's supposed to work?

-marko.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: messing around with ~t, ~s, ~n etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:04:58 am »

This appears to have messed with my ipod syncing a bit too...

I have a size limit set in there, and now, after syncing, then hitting the recheck sync button, there are always 30 odd files to sync. (I'm set to remove files not in the sync list here)

and on the same subject, I thought that if we were using some random smartlists for syncing, then hitting recheck sync would allow us to update the playlists, even if no files were actually needing sync'd.
Did I get that bit right? If I did, it's broken with build 121, which actually feels a little fragile to me this morning. It's already crashed on me once. A hard lock that wouldn't bring it out of the taskbar, end tasked the non-responsive program, which removed it from the taskbar and system tray, but left an invincible media center 12.exe running in the processes list. Only a reboot would clear it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up