INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to Interact?  (Read 2125 times)

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
What happened to Interact?
« on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:25 am »

I got a message this morning (Aus time) that Interact was being upgraded. Not long afterwards, I was able to access the MC12 beta board, where I downloaded MC 12.0.124.

Some time later that post dissappeared. Did Interact have some sort of problem requiring a restore or something?

I am running MC 12.0.124. Is it a "dangerous" build to run? (ie Will it do anything bizarre to my database?)

Cheers
Rob

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: What happened to Interact?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 07:16:18 am »

During the upgrade of Interact, a virus slipped through and infected the .124 build. A couple people lost a lot of data, so the entire thread was pulled.

Just kidding. That's what you get for making me jealous. I missed the .124 build last night. :(

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 07:54:30 am »

During the upgrade of Interact, a virus slipped through and infected the .124 build. A couple people lost a lot of data, so the entire thread was pulled.

You really got me panicing there Doof!
Still on the 124 build here no probs.
I wondered if the forum just got reset to a point prior to the 124 build being posted.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:32:18 am »

Because of the time differences (7 hours) I managed to download .124 as soon as it came out and I think they pulled it because it was really buggy:

Selecting all images and right-clicking you got only a small slice of the menu. Instead of "Add to Playing Now" you saw only "Add..."

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:49:35 am »

I got it too, but ended up rolling back to 0.123 after having a ton of hard-locks.

I've actually been having quite a bit of instability with the recent builds and thumbnail building again, particularly since the new mini-thumbs were added to Theater View.  It's random, but I'm seeing quite a few hard-locks (where I have to kill the process manually), and I'll see multiple copies of JRThumb.exe open but not using any CPU in Process Explorer.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to track it down to any particular reproducible "action" that will cause it.  Simply selecting files (not playing or anything, just choosing files) seems to completely lock it occasionally.  When it locks, the UI completely freezes (I often wait 5-10 minutes to make sure), but the Media Center 12.exe process isn't using any CPU... Just seems stalled.

Killing the process and repeating the same action that "caused" the lock never repeats it though, so I've been at a loss to help on it.  Generally, this seems worst when new media has been added to my library, so I'm guessing it's thumbnail-building related again.  That's just a guess though, based on often seeing JRThumb.exe in Process Explorer as (or just before) it happens (I certainly haven't checked every time though).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rjm

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 01:56:28 pm »

I reported this many builds ago but I am still seeing crashes during a "build all thumbnails" operation.

I persisted this time and restarted MC to continue building thumbnails where it left off after crashing. It did eventually complete.

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:34:01 pm »

.123 locked numerous times, but thankfully, I too seemed to have missed .124.
Pages: [1]   Go Up