INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can one use yadb to fetch mp3 tags and cover art from files, not cd?  (Read 1498 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

I've tried to search older post on this topic, but I only found some old post suggesting this feature. But this is not possible today is it? To fetch album tags and cover art from files not on cd?

Currently I use a third party application for this, but it would be awesome to be able to do this from within MC... :)

Any thoughts about it?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: Can one use yadb to fetch mp3 tags and cover art from files, not cd?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:36:17 am »

Not sure if it exists or not, i go out and get all my cover art manually and then embed it into the files inside of MC11, it just a lot easier for me and i have more control of it that way.

Here is what i do, go out to amazon.com or walmart.com and get the cover art, resize it to 300x300 and save it in the album folder,example= queen-news to the world.jpg. I then go into media center click on the album and then under library tools click, update tags from library, make sure that under options file location you have store tags in image also checked. After the songs are embeded with the cover art i then do a search in windows for .jpg in my music folder and move it to a seperate directory i call cover art for safe keeping. I only do about 4 or 5 albums a day so it only takes about 10 minutes to do it my way and it is all consisent, i embed the art into the files so it also shows up in my mobile media devices.

TC

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:29:21 am »

i embed the art into the files so it also shows up in my mobile media devices

Got me thinking there. I have all my cover art stored as a file. It never occurred to me that it wouldn't show in a portable device. I use an iRiver H120, which in any case is incapable of showing cover art. Is it a general rule with portables that the image must be embedded in the mp3? I imagine that sooner or later I will have a new player which will show cover art and I might as well prepare for that now. Or is there a way in MC to select my whole library and transfer all the cover art to the mp3s?

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 01:50:57 am »

If your cover art is linked to your mp3s (regardless of where they are stored), then with the "Store Images In Tags Also" checked in Options, open the whole library, select all and then update tags from library. That's it.

Depending on how many tracks, this can take some time. I recently did my 40k+ tracks and it took a good 2 days. You can interrupt the process if you need to, when you restart, MC will just rescan and skip the updated files and finally resume where it left off.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:05:23 am »

Will this force update all, erasing tags not in library, or just update not equal fields?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:49:06 am »

I just checked it myself, and using it forces all data in library to be written to file, including resetting fields if they are externally edited later.

Sorry for asking too fast, and beeing all lazy :-[...
Pages: [1]   Go Up