INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it with MC and scroll bars under Windows Server 2003?  (Read 1154 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
What is it with MC and scroll bars under Windows Server 2003?
« on: January 13, 2007, 03:54:15 pm »

I have a trial version of 2K3 server that I play with at times (keeping up my nerdiness...), and I have noticed for several versions (I think 10 was the first version that I tried on it) that scroll bars in open windows and similar windows never show. The only way to scroll is to use right arrow, and it doesn't show that there are more files in the directory than the window shows. Does anybody know why this is?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

horse

• World Citizen
Re: What is it with MC and scroll bars under Windows Server 2003?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 06:58:43 pm »

Mastiff,

I'm using MC12 Beta (from about 107 - 147) on a W2k3 (Standard Edition) with SP1 loaded and the scroll bars work fine in the various views I"m normally using?

I.e. when looking at track lists with more than a pageful and I use the mouse wheel it scrolls up and down. If there is less than a page but it is wider, the action of the wheel is now left to right.

Hope that helps. BTW I'm using a MS Intellimouse if it matters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:49:44 am »

I wasn't clear enough, sorry. When I say "open windows and similar" I mean where you open media files outside of the library and there are more tracks on a CD than you can see in the open window at once. There will be a scroll bar in XP but not in 2K3. Or if you are trying to restore a library from a directory where there are more library backups than you can see at once. So in other words not in the MC specific windows, but the regular Windows windows. Was that any clearer?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 07:25:46 pm »

Apologies Mastiff, yes I now understand and fully agree with your findings.
If MC opens up a "windows" window, such as File > Open media file>  then yes if I browse to a folder with many files or folders I do not get a scroll bar and have to use the arrow keys.
Within MC's own windows the scroll bars are fine.
The same operation in WMP 10 gives me a scroll bar. My W2K3 is a full up version with very little installed. (MC12.147, Exchange 2003, SSH and some odd utilities)

Anyone any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up