INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can i manually add  (Read 1141 times)

craft

How can i manually add
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:53:24 am »

null

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can i manually add archived podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 11:27:47 am »

You may be able to do it by manually adding the tags that identify it as a 'podcast' with a third party tool.  I had the opposite issue (trying to make MC NOT see files that were downloaded from an RSS feed as a 'podcast' anymore).  The only way I was to fix it was to:  remove the files from the library, shut down MC, move the files, manually delete the 'podcast' related tags using a third party tool, and then re-importing them in to MC.

craft

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:56:38 am »

null

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:25:54 am »

No, not the RSS feed - that lives on the server that hosts the podcasts.  The only thing I could suggest is editing the tags in the downloaded files and see if that works.  I don't have any 'old' podcast files to test this with.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »

Well, I stumbled on this thread in trying to cut one of the 3 remaining ties holding me to iTunes on Windows--Podcasts...

It looks like I'm set up to manage my future feeds, but I'd love to have a single repository for my archived episodes (other than the normal library/playlist places).

I looked at the tags of non-MC podcasts and the tags of MC podcasts, but there doesn't seem to be any smoking guns there. I'm guessing that that specific podcast info is held only in MC's database....

Any way to do this?

Best,
Brad

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 05:00:15 pm »

Only additional suggestion I have isn't easy:

Move all the 'archived' items to a new directory.
Manually build an XML feed that points to those items with the names/descriptions/etc. that you want them to have.
Add that XML feed to MC and let it 'download' the files to the normal podcast directory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up