INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Artist and Album  (Read 548 times)

Mike B

Adding Artist and Album
« on: September 01, 2002, 02:41:38 pm »

Hello, (and I apologize for this long message in advance...)
I've seen postings here regarding issues on adding a generic artist and album WITHOUT using the "import" command. I've never seen it resolved. Why can't we add a generic album or artist without using "import"??

Version 7 gave you the ability to right-click on any artist and "add an album" or to right click and "add an artist" from the left-hand tree. I frequently want to add new music in this way and CANNOT in ver8.

If I use the "import media" function, it automatically creates a bunch of albums that I didn't ask for based on what's in the mp3 tags - the user has no real control as to what's being added. I may have 30 songs that originated from 10 different albums, but I want them in one generic album called "various". When I "import", it creates TEN NEW ALBUMS!!! YIKES!

Can we PLEASE have the ability to right-click an artist or album and "add ---" as we could before?? It was very intuitive and gave much more control than "importing". If not, I guess I'll be going back to Version 7 for good....which would be too bad.
Thank you for your consideration.
Mike B
Pages: [1]   Go Up