INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resume Playing At Point  (Read 1288 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Resume Playing At Point
« on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:46 am »

Is there or could/will there be any ability to resume playing a song or video where you left off?  This is especially useful with podcasts.  It would be really neat if it was an options section and you could apply a search filter to files so it would only provide resume play functionality on songs that match or don't match the search.

In audio, everything other than FLAC is a podcast so if the filetype is MP3,M4A then I want it to activate the resume play feature.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: Resume Playing At Point
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:20:56 am »

So you want to be able to bookmark multiple files?

ie. File A - MC remembers that you were 3:12 into it

File B - MC remembers that you had played 15:43 so next time you go to that track (or open the bookmark) it takes off from where you were up to?

Is that what you mean?
Cheers
Rob

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:58:29 am »

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking either but are you aware that MC12 now automatically bookmarks videos?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:40:30 am »

Okay, in iTunes you can manually control which audio tracks remember where you left off.  I want to use a filter because I really don't want/care if my FLAC music from CDs remembers where I left off.  All my podcasts are in a lossy format and all my music is in lossless.  Therefore, it's easy to filter out what files I want to remember where I left off at.

iTunes has a properties section for each listing on this feature.  I need a filter because MC is not the Podcast downloader for me.  I use Juice on my server which saves to my Podcast folder and MC auto-imports that (amazingly well, by the way).

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:00:32 am »

Bookmarking usually involves setting a tag in the library or the file stating where the file was left.  Then when you resume playback, it uses this stored info to determine where in the file to start.  As far as I can tell, MC never bookmarks anything - the only way I have been able to automatically get back to where I 'left off' on a file (video or audio) is to leave it paused with MC running.  Is there some feature or setting I am missing?  Anytime I stop playback or shut down MC, it wants to start over.

benn600

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:17:22 am »

Yes, this is a feature request thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up