INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorder will not retrieve Track Names  (Read 697 times)

drosene

• Recent member
Recorder will not retrieve Track Names
« on: January 17, 2007, 12:00:13 pm »

Sorry for repeating this question but it got buried in a release announcement thread.  :-[

The Wife and I are ripping LP's... The pain of doing so has gotten worse because it can no longer locate Tracks for the Artist and Album specified.  It does indeed find the Artist/Album in the database it is searching because there are almost always one or more choices available if you click the control at the right of the Album Found field or the Artist Found field (if Album is not specified), however no tracks are displayed.  Instead I get a message pop-up titled "Information" with the text "CD not found".

Frankly the track lookup is only usefull if the LP has sizable gaps between tracks.  We usually end up using the Media Editor to split tracks from a side one and side 2 .wav file anyway.  Even when we have to resort to the Media Editor, It would be nice if one could get the track information  and TAGS and quickly create some 1 byte files that could be pasted into in the Media Editor.  Boy that would really save some time! Hint Hint!

Finally, while not too many people may be using it, the Recorder/Editor applets are really useful. They could however use a bit of attention to improve workflow.  Particularly the Editor, where one has to re-select the encoder to use for every file saved since the Save dialog always defaults to the file type of the source file you are editing.  In my case I am usually splitting up a .wav and I want to save everything as high VBR .mp3.  Yea, I know it should be lossless but my 500 GB drive is almost full already with music and video!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Recorder will not retrieve Track Names
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:52:15 pm »

You could save as WAV and then convert later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up