INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: How do I do 'find files between 10-2005 and 1-2006?  (Read 1247 times)

bobe4

• Junior Woodchuck
Help: How do I do 'find files between 10-2005 and 1-2006?
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:33:25 pm »

I can't figure out from the limited help file how to do a [date imported]=between 10/2005 and 1/2006.

help.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help: How do I do 'find files between 10-2005 and 1-2006?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:37:36 am »

These are hard since MC essentially tracks dates in 'time elapsed' mode. The simplest way to get at the list you want is probably to throw a quick view scheme together using database expressions for your panes...

So, (assuming you want audio files) right click on audio, and select 'add view scheme'

In step 1, click on the 'Add' button, and choose 'Advanced Expression'.
Name something original, such as "Import Date" and use the following expression:
formatdate([date imported,0],yyyy - MM)
If you want other panes to show, add them at your liesure, but for the sake of simplicity, keep this pane at the top of the list.

In Step 2, untick 'auto name' and name the view scheme. (this is what you will see in the tree when you're done).

In Step 3, at minimum, 'honour parent search strings' needs a tick, then you can click OK and then view your new view scheme as panes.

Ctrl, or shift click to select the range you want, and then you will have the list of files you are looking for...

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help: How do I do 'find files between 10-2005 and 1-2006?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:43:30 pm »

marko

thanks

i've just learnt somethinfg new for today. Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up