INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.154  (Read 8236 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.154
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:36:46 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120154.exe

12.0.154 (01/24/07)

1. NEW: Added the ability to acquire images from the clipboard. (useful for taking screenshots or getting images from other programs) (Action Window > Camera)
2. Changed: Increased the JPEG quality for "Normal" when acquiring from the clipboard or scanner.
3. Fixed: Creating a web gallery with images not imported to the main database would not work properly.
4. Changed: Decreased the size of the optional stop button in the Noire skin.
5. Fixed: Webpages with script errors could show a popup dialog. (TV Guide, Yahoo TV, etc.)
6. Changed: Revised the layout of the view scheme component dialog so that it fits nicely on small displays.
7. Fixed: Resetting view schemes in some library views could cause a crash.
8. NEW: When clearing a library, only one dialog is shown instead of two yes / no popups. (dialog includes both questions)
9. Fixed: Toggling the "Advanced" button in the Import Folder dialog could leave the folder combobox in a partially drawn state.
10. Fixed: When editing panes in place, it was possible to have a pane draw with a missing scrollbar.
11. Changed: Initialization of analog TV device is delayed until actual play request, to avoid problems with digital TV devices that have a bogus analog tuner.
12. NEW: A "Wait Longer" checkbox on Scan Channels dialog window for digital TV. Hopefully this will solve the missing channels problem.
13. Fixed: Assorted Web Gallery bugs.

12.0.153 (01/23/07)

1. NEW: Added new view scheme component type "Search list" for displaying a custom list of searches.
2. NEW: Revised how the default image view schemes look, and included the new search list "Quickies". (do Edit > Reset All View Schemes To Default to see)
3. NEW: Added Options > General > Show stop button. (applies to all skins)
4. Optimized: Loading a skin or applying a skin effect is many times faster. (please report anything that doesn't nicely switch right away)
5. Changed: Web Templates now set to a charset of utf-8.
6. Fixed: Web Gallery Creator now specifies utf-8 for its charset.
7. Changed: To reset panes, wording revised to "Reset Selection" from "Click Here To Reset Selection".
8. Changed: Updated Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
9. Fixed: Handheld uploads with conversion enabled could get stuck. (introduced in build 152)
10. Changed: Searching while drilled into a pane or library view no longer resets the pane / library view context. (allowing searching inside a subset)
11. NEW: When searching with a selection made in the panes, when there are no hits, MC will show "double click here to search entire library" in the list.
12. Fixed: A possible Theater View leak that could cause rapidly leaving and entering Theater View to fail.
13. Fixed: utf-16 gallery names handled better.
14. Changed: Renamed "Backup Library" to "Back Up Library".
15. Fixed: Selected text in the tree with the Thunderstorm skin was not readable.

12.0.152 (01/22/07)

1. Changed: When acquiring images, if one or less image is acquired (scanner, error, etc), the acquire Action Window will be shown again.
2. Changed: Added circular hit regions to the player buttons in the Noire skin.
3. Fixed: Seeking to the very end of an MP3 could cause the seek to actually seek to the beginning, causing seek cursor problems.
4. Fixed: Problem burning data CD and DVDs (introduced in 148).
5. Fixed: Assorted list control focus during tagging issues sorted.
6. Changed: Jpeg quality settings for the gallery revised upwards.
7. NEW: Main program tree will use the skin item "Tree" > "Background" for its background instead of a solid color if it exists.
8. Fixed: Empty country name list problem in TV.
9. Changed: Country name list in TV is now sorted alphabetically.
10. Fixed: When CD burn queue is not cleared, # of disks needed doesn't get displayed.
11. Fixed: Cancelling from a multi CD burn, subequent burn doesn't start at the beginning.
12. Changed: TV tries to reset demultiplexer audio output format upon channel switching for DVB-T. Please rescan your channels before trying to tune to any channel.
13. NEW: Tag Action window list control now has an edit control at the top.
14. Changed: The web gallery creator send to dialog has been reorganized.
15. Changed: Removed "beta" from the splash screen.
16. NEW: Added Brightness and Contrast sliders to the skin effects dialog.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.154
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:42:22 pm »

TV functionality now working well, good job :)

3 things with it though:
  • Can we have the option to remove all of the channel number things from the names? It looks ugly to have all those numbers everywhere
  • I am getting duplicate listings of most of my channels.
  • Very minor niggle, doesn't matter to me much: When I start watching, on most channels it says 'No Signal' even though it is working perfectly

I'll post any logs and things if needed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:25:32 pm »

TV functionality now working well, good job :)

3 things with it though:
  • Can we have the option to remove all of the channel number things from the names? It looks ugly to have all those numbers everywhere
  • I am getting duplicate listings of most of my channels.
  • Very minor niggle, doesn't matter to me much: When I start watching, on most channels it says 'No Signal' even though it is working perfectly

I'll post any logs and things if needed.

1. Maybe. However there is a reason for keeping the tags in names. It is due to an original design which I do not feel like to change. The channels are stored in registry with station names as value names. They need to be unique.

2. When you exit and save, duplicates overwrite each other for the same reason mentioned in 1.

3. I will fix that.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:32:41 pm »

Locate On Disk in Media Center does not work unless "My Computer" is enabled in Features.

Sort of makes sense, but the option should not be available if it's not going to do anything.

j.stream

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:37:05 am »

I installed Version 12.0.151 under Vista Home Premium and everthing works fine.
When i update to 12.0.154 i got serious problems with the Vista UAC.
MC tells me to start as an admin one time, and then it works even for normal users.
I try to start with disabled UAC but MC can't load several modules eg. cd burn.
After that MC quits. Anyone got the same problem under Vista ?
I use MC in german language, so i don't post the error messages here, but if it helps i can change to english
and post them. (sorry for the bad english) ;)

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Not having any problems with 154, so well done, will give it a good bit of use over the next few days.

Logging Request: Would it be possible to separate out logging more logically, or at least to give a summary of problems when importing... for instance I imported my library 20000 files and it failed to import 3 items. now, in a list of 20000 that takes a while to find.

Also, when a file is "played" and the extension doesn't match the filetype, could it be possible to indicate what filetype it is?

Is there a log file for all this information?

Thanks

Richard

Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 03:40:44 pm »

Is it possible to use a library used on a remote computer via a mapped network drive?

I have recreated the share on both machines and imported the media into a new library through this mapped drive... i.e. media library and media is on drive M: on both computers from same point on drive, yet it doesn't seem to work.

I would like to do this for 2 reasons:
 - so updates to the files and library can be completed remotely.
 - so large files can start playback immediately instead of (what seems to be) transferring a 1GB video before playback starts.

Thanks

Richard
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:05 pm »

With the latest build I no longer seem to be able to get a stop button on any skin, despite it having the file in the skin folder...

Small Bug:
If I go to say, Tools, Options, then click cancel or close, the Tools text stays in its hover state.

Skip Count:
Is increased if I stop as well as if I skip...this seems wrong to me as generally if I just stop, it means I'll be returning to it later!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 04:53:27 pm »

With the latest build I no longer seem to be able to get a stop button on any skin, despite it having the file in the skin folder...

Build 153 ->

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:04:09 pm »

ah...missed that one! cheers :)

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 05:17:13 pm »

oh that's cool. although I like the clean look friends who come to MC seem to find it confusing (maybe the icon needs reviewing).

isn't the location for that setting a little wierd? shouldn't it be in the skins selection area or something?

Rich
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

riconet

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 04:37:21 am »

MC 12.0.154 doesn't display the 'ratings' of some of the albums I have already rated and which appear when using MC 11.

Please help, I don't want to re-rate my hundreds of albums.

Regards

Richard

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 09:22:34 am »

Richard--nice avatar!  I like motion avatars and especially like the more frequent forum visitors to establish an avatar for themselves.

ddwakeham

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 12:02:25 pm »

I am trying to find out how to purchase the $19 upgrde from 11.X to 12.X 

I’ve got V12 running on my new Vista machine without any problems.  v11 is on my old XP machine.  I do not want to install 11 onto the new machine and do not want to pay $39.  How can I purchase the upgrade without installing 12?

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 12:09:33 pm »

Hi,

Install v12 on the old machine, complete the payment from the inbuilt link for the $19 upgrade, and use the registration file to authorise both computers, as I understand JRiver allows a single license to be used on a couple of computers.

Rich
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

MusicHawk

New bug in Keywords tag field
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 08:49:15 pm »

The 12.0.154 fix to the Keywords tag field fixed the scroll bar, but it broke in a new way the keyboard behavior added in 12.0.151.

There are two ways to select a Keyword from the list:

Method 1: Scroll to the desired Keyword, put the pointer on the box, and click to check it. This Keyword selection is retained no matter what happens next -- press Tab, press Enter, or click outside the field or dialog.

Method 2: Scroll to the desired Keyword, press the space bar and the box gets checked. This DOES NOT WORK -- But it appears to work,  so it's a nasty "fake out". I lost a bunch of work until I noticed that the selected value was not being saved. If a Keyword value is selected via keyboard, the box gets checked, but I can't find any way to exit the Keyword field that RETAINS the selection. Whether I press Tab to go to the next field, or Enter, or click somewhere outside the tag dialog, the selected value is discarded -- it does not end up in the database.

Method 1 works reliably, but puts MC back to being keyboard-unfriendly.

This is a serious bug because it causes data loss (unless the user notices what is happening AND discovers the method that works AND uses the workaround faithfully). I hope this can be fixed ASAP and not held for a future weekly build.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 07:57:50 am »

I noticed that the "Stop" Button has disapperd from the top left corner of MC12 in Version 12.0.154

Hope that's not a new feature but a bug.  ?

B

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 08:25:16 am »

Build 153 ->
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 11:31:01 am »

Thanks for pointing this out, Richard.  :D

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 11:43:08 am »

even without the stop button showing you can double click the pause button to stop. Which makes the interface cleaner, but more confusing for the novice user.

Richard

Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 12:22:40 pm »

MC is locking up after auto-import. Turned off Playing Now and it works fine. Now that Mc has "purchased" the Playing Now plugin, can we see better integration of this plugin with MC. It often has problems with lagging MC operations and upload can be slow or fail even with a minimal upload occurring on the system (10kb/s).

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.154 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3002 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

jalaneme

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:44 pm »

major bug in this version, when i go to options and enter CD ripping options, by default it's set to Windows media but when i change it to mp3 media center crashes and i have to force it to close :( it also says "audioscrobber not found"

it seems my mp3 encoder is missing, when i go into plug in setup and click on this the error comes up and media center closes.

another major bug, when clicking on library and folders in options media center crashes, also when clicking on the shortcut on desktop my whole computer crashes nothing on screen and i have to to a forced reboot :( this build should have been released it's far too unstable!

JONCAT

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 11:07:45 pm »

1. Select multiple Genre tiles, and choose File. Then Select All and rename the Genre. Tags changes are recorded/reported but not made; the Genres I wanted to change still remain after  multiple refreshes of the Audio view scheme.

2. My Custom View Scheme can be saved and loaded but every time I close and restart MC those changes (loading the custom view) are erased and I have to load the preset for each view scheme manually.

3. Just found 2000+ files missing tags. Admittedly, I have had to "kill" MC a lot in the last few months due to corrupt video files are playing now lockups etc, but should this happen? Mc12 isn't Beta anymore....

thanks
DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.154 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 11:42:11 pm »

I'm not sure when this started...

Select an item (say artist) and hit F2, or click twice slowly, to edit it. You can see the contents blink as it's all selected, then immediately unselected.  I'm pretty sure this immediate deselection is a bug?  Now, move your mouse in and out of the selected entry and you'll see the text blink each time as it's selected, then immediately unselected...  If you move the mouse around enough, you can sometimes get the text to stay selected.

In the tag window, when you click on an item all the text is selected ... until the mouse moves out of the entry.  Then it's all deselected (though the entry stays active) and the select-deselect blinking ensues as you move the mouse pointer in and out of the entry...

-John

MusicHawk

Suggestion re iPod synch in MC 12.0.154
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 12:14:37 am »

When I synch my iPod with MC, I often get this message:

You are attempting to transfer multiple tracks with duplicated information.
Would you like to remove the duplicates and continue with the transfer?

Followed by a list of music files -- 12 in my case, and YES/NO.

I think this message is trying to help me, but it could be clearer and more helpful. Starting with the language of the message itself, here are some ideas for improvement...

What does "duplicated information" mean? Two files with exactly the same file name? Or with same title, or some other "information"? How about saying exactly what is being used to determine "duplicated information" so the user can address the problem precisely?

What does "remove the duplicates" mean? Remove from the current transfer list, remove from the database, or remove the files from the drive? Can it instead say exactly what will happen when a duplicate is "removed"?

What are the duplicates? The list shows only one of a particular song/file, but it doesn't tell me if the listed song is the first, or (my guess) the second "duplicate", but maybe not. It would be good to say exactly what the list is. Even better, show ALL the instances of "duplicated information" to make clear exactly what is duplicated, so the user can do something about it. Even better, present a database view of all the duplicates so they can be resolved directly. (Especially helpful because, while the long list dialog is displayed, I can't seem to do anything in MC to clear up the problems; I have to write it all down somewhere, or take a screen shot and open the graphic while working in MC, kind of clumsy.)

After I click YES (trusting "remove" is safe to do), the message stays on the screen for a very long time -- three or four minutes -- with no indication my click was recognized, and no indication MC is doing anything. Finally the message disappears and the progress bar appears, but it sure seems frozen during those minutes. Clicking a button should do something promptly, such as close the dialog and move to a next step, even if the step is a message such as "please wait, this might take a while..."

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

jalaneme

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 06:13:41 am »

this is getting bad to worse, i may have to uninstall this version and go back to version 11 :( every time i right click even without opening media center my current window and everything i am doing closes  ? media center is not even open! fix this!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 06:43:40 am »

this is getting bad to worse, i may have to uninstall this version and go back to version 11 :( every time i right click even without opening media center my current window and everything i am doing closes  ? media center is not even open! fix this!

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Shell_Integration

j

JONCAT

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 07:48:14 am »

Audio Analysis Bug:

For some reason I am getting a halt due to errors (why can't these just be skipped???), so I press the okay button, and my system locks up very strangly. MC will not respond, AA window still open and not responding. Can't kill MC or open Firefox or save a screen shot with Irfanview even though I am using 0% cpu. This is my only complaint really about MC, that it seems to lock really hard at times, I mean, I can't even reboot with windows, I have to manually power down the PC (hence more risk of database corruption e.g. my other post)

DC

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3002 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 440 MB

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

JONCAT

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 07:56:00 am »

Select multiple Genre tiles, and choose File. Then Select All and rename the Genre. Tags changes are recorded/reported but not made; the Genres I wanted to change still remain after  multiple refreshes of the Audio view scheme.

EDIT - This seems to be major issue with any view scheme or file type, you simply can NOT select multiple Tiles and choose File, edit tag field for all files to have, and have that change stick.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 03:31:47 pm »

Noticed this one enough times now to mention (over the last 4-5 builds):

Scroll wheel loses focus within MC; can't control any scrollbars with mouseover of windows and panes.Open Firefox, close Firefox, scroll wheel now works in MC.

DC

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 565 MB

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
Pages: [1]   Go Up