INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Question about CD Players  (Read 1716 times)

howiec721

• Recent member
Strange Question about CD Players
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:31:20 pm »

Hi,

I have a strange question for you guy.  If you guys can answer this then you guys deserve much kudos.  I have a lot of CD that I have been converting to ape so I don't have to carry all my CD around everywhere.  These are mostly classical CDs.  I have noticed that on CD that have a lot of information (i.e. where almost the CD is completely filled) the last track always take many tried to finish copying.  I'm using the Media Center's function to check my ripped files.  So this always happened on the last few tracks.  I'm thinking that my CD player maybe can't read the outer tracks of the CD.  Do you guys have any ideas?  If so, can I fix this?

Second question, sometimes or a lot of times when I rip I get ripping error ranging from 99-122 (one at a time of course).  What do those mean?

Thanks,

Howard

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Strange Question about CD Players
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:37:14 pm »

I'm thinking that my CD player maybe can't read the outer tracks of the CD.  Do you guys have any ideas?  If so, can I fix this?
That's possible or are the CD's more scratched towards the outer area.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:11:20 am »

...or the optical drive is going to die soon. What drive you use and how old is it?

If the PC is a regular desktop you could just buy a new drive and test with it. It is good to have a spare drive anyway. If you use a laptop you may want to consider trying an external drive.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:21:28 am »

I've had that same problem.  For the CDs where I had this problem, I copied the CDs and ripped the copy. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up