INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to view photos...  (Read 1288 times)

yap

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
How to view photos...
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:25 am »

I have created this post while ago under MC11 but got not reply, may be I need to explain better.

I have loaded up my all digital photos to MC11, have connected my server to an LCD TV and have Girder installed on the PC to use the IR remote control.

In MC11 I go to Theater View and then I can use my IR remote to navigate and display photos but it goes in to slideshow mode (I don't know how to switch this mode off) and there isn't any next or rotate option handy at a click of a button to provide simple photo viewing experience.

Can someone tell me how to watch photos on the TV while controlling them via the IR remote (go to next, previous, importantly rotate them or flip to display right way up).

Is there like this something available now in MC11/12 or on the card???

Re
Yap

i

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to view photos...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:53:03 am »

Space bar will pause slideshow or resume it.  Page Up and Page Down go forward and back.

I believe there is something on this in the FAQ near the top of this board.  Also in MC Help inside the program.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:58:40 pm »

Jeff

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 03:06:11 pm »

for watching pictures i made an other zone, this gives me more control, like a playing now with all the pictures you watch in it, while the other zone still plays music.
there is no way though that you can rotate images with your remote, wich as you say is important. the mcc commands in the dev zone still say there is command but it never worked. asked several times for it, and the only time i got an answer it more or less said that there wont be a shortcut or mcc command (wich makes it easy to programm it into the remote)

yap

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 05:12:20 pm »

thanks for the some clarification on navigating to next and previous picture control but disappointed to hear that MC has no command or short cut for picture rotation (which is the most important function on any viewer as people don't always take pictures right way round with their cameras) that makes it easy to program in to a remote.

I hope MC development team take note of this and make some provision for such functionality in future release, till then I will have to revert to Ifranview to view my pictures.

Re
Yap

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 05:27:42 pm »

This won't solve the problem, but:
Have you checked to see if your camera has an auto rotate option?
This way the Camera will work out which way up the photo is supposed
to be displayed, and Media Center will automatically put them the right way up.
Of course this won't work if you've got films scans or something.

yap

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:26:09 am »

don't have that advanced camera!! that would be good but not all cameras have that option.

I guess another way is to go round manually rotate all images right way up...till MC team realise that this function is important for enjoyable photo viewing...

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 07:12:09 am »

My Cameras only a Canon Powershot, which is a year and half old.
Pages: [1]   Go Up