INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to reconnect to library after server standby?  (Read 752 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to reconnect to library after server standby?
« on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:25 pm »

Hello,
Does anyone know how to get around this:

- my media files are stored on a separate server (XP Pro) on a shared drive mapped on client PC's. When not active, the server goes to sleep mode (S3 standby) to conserve energy and be quiet. When I need access to my media files I wake the server up with WOL. However, after it wakes up the shared drive stays disconnected (very often but not always, which is another puzzle) and MC12 cannot play any files until I go to Windows Explorer and click on the shared drive (than it connects and everything works).
Is there a way to activate the shared drive for sure? I tried to ping - it pings, but MC12 still cannot access files.
Any hint will be appreciated.
thanks!
max

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to reconnect to library after server standby?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:00:21 am »

I have had similar problem before even without having to go to standby. If you have configured your network drive such that it gets mounted on first use (as opposed to at windows start up) then MC12 is not able to mount the network drive when it needs the files from there and the drive is not yet mounted. I have to open explorer and navigate to that drive (which mounts it) and then MC12 works fine.

Very annoying and weird that MC12 won't be able to force Windows to mount the network drive - maybe it's windows problem but still it would be nice if this worked.

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up