INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploads to Database failures  (Read 1478 times)

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
Uploads to Database failures
« on: February 13, 2007, 05:23:08 am »

Hi all
I just submitted 28 CDs to the DB there were 3 failures. What might cause this? The Failures were "Hector Varela Su primer orquesta Instrumentales"     "Argentinno Ledesma Sus exitos de les '50"      and   Rafael Rossi Valses Rancheros y Paso dobles

Thanks Tangodude
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Uploads to Database failures
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:54:28 am »

Rafael Rossi: the number of tracks is messed up. The fingerprint shows 20 tracks, and I'm not sure how many were submitted with data, but it wasn't 20. Can you check to see how many tracks Media Center thinks it has?

Argentinno: same, fingerprint shows 20 tracks.

Hector Varel: same, fingerprint shows 20 tracks.

Do these discs have extra content?

Thanks,

j

Tangoman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:59:29 pm »

Hi J
You are right there are problems with the CDs R.Rossi has lost tracks 7,8,9 and 20 Each of the other 2 have lost one track in the CD list here. OK is there a way just to add the missing info
 here locally and Update the DB!! Is it allready good in the DB Each CD has 20 tracks. These were ripped in 2003 the mp3's are still all there and correct. Or should I just clear the CD info and copy and paste the mp3 info?
Thanks for your help
Tangodude

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:36 pm »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Not filling in the info for a track is not a problem (just fill it in and resubmit, it'll get added). Something else is going wrong.

There's a "sanity" check: the fingerprint shows that the CD has 20 tracks, and yet, I'm getting an unknown number of track data items submitted, probably 19 or 21. In this sanity check, blank data is still counted, doesn't matter that it is blank. I don't see the actual data because the logging chops off the line after a few tracks. If you can't find anything on your end, I'll fix the logging here.

Could you count the tracks carefully to see if there are really 20, and not 19 or 21?

Thanks...

j

Tangoman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 03:52:06 am »

Hi John
Yes each CD is actually 20 tracks. But the track info is missing and the tracks themselves are missing when I look at the CD in MC. I have an idea why this maybe so. Sometimes the icon color (gold) which denotes a CD would change to blue on my system one reason I found why this would happen "if I put a CD in a playlist" I would sometimes delete these when I found them but it was not always happening with the above reason therefore sometimes only info of a track or two would be deleted. It is this reson I think that the track info is weird for these CDs To clarify when I put in the CDs I do not see empty tracks the missing tracks are litterally not showing in MC.
Hope this helps
Tangodude

Tangoman

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:15:26 pm »

Hi All
Just got round to retagging the CDs and resubmitting them, no problems this time. Hope I don't find to many more. ;D Thought the retagging is fast about 3 min per cd. Years of practice I guess. ;)
Cheers Tangodude
Pages: [1]   Go Up