INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort by date imported  (Read 1334 times)

SnakeZZ

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sort by date imported
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:25:14 pm »

Hi!

I would like to create a smartlist giving me all full albums in track-nr. order sorted in descending order by the date they were imported. The problem is that when I use ~sort=[date imported]-d,[ Artist],[Album],[Disc #],[Track #] the album tracks are not in order?!?

What am I doing wrong?

Bye

SnakeZZ

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sort by date imported
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32:18 am »

Morning SnakeZZ,
You're not doing anything wrong, it's just the nature of [date imported] (Assuming the space in [ Artist] is just a typo on your part ;) ). It behaves the way it does because by default, the time is also included, and that often queers the pitch. If you use the library browser views with album thumbnails, then you won't come against this problem because when sending albums to playing now, they are sent in track order, but in panes, it can be troublesome.

The way around it is to make a new library field from the raw [date imported] data that excludes the time.

1. Go to Tools > Options > Library and Folders > User fields > Add Field
2. Name the field Import Date
3. Set the Audio flag
4. Select "Calculated data"
5. Paste the following into the template field: formatdate([date imported,0],yyyy//MM//dd)
6. Click OK

Now go to your view scheme and use the following sort rule: ~sort=[import date]-d,[artist],[album],[disc #],[track #]
and you should find everything now sorts as you'd expect.

-marko.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:24:06 am »

i use:
Code: [Select]
~sort=[date imported]-d ~a
where the ~a is for full album.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:40:28 pm »

yeah...
I shy away from using ~a because I have full sets of album art imported into my library. ~a drags these files into the list regardless of any [media type] specification, and in most cases, this is not what I want.

-marko.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »

yes i know. today i noteced also some video files n my only audio smartlist with an artist and album name that were the same. the tread you made about it some time ago made me realize immediatly what was going on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up