INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merging multiple songs with crossfades into one mp3  (Read 3586 times)

majouz

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Merging multiple songs with crossfades into one mp3
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:29:44 am »

I'm hosting a party this weekend and I'm using an iPOD to drive all of my music. As we all know iPOD's don't support crossfades or transitions. What I would like to do is build a playlist in MC with all the crossfades and export it or generate one large mp3 that I can then play from my iPOD. Is such a thing possible?

JollyJim

• World Citizen
Re: Merging multiple songs with crossfades into one mp3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:27 pm »

When you've assembled the playlist and you've set the options for crossfading etc, go to tools/options/playback - output mode and select disk writer. Play the playlist and this will output the playback to one hdd file which you can then send down to the ipod.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
Re: Merging multiple songs with crossfades into one mp3
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:56:21 am »

Sorry - forgot this bit.....

after you've selected disk writer, go to 'output mode settings', (just below 'output mode') , enter the name of the file you want to create and then uncheck the 'break output into individual tracks' option. Play around with a few tracks first to make sure you've set the crossfades and gaps etc correctly before you go for the biggie....

Just out of interest, playing only the first 10 seconds of each song of, say, the sixties, or number one hits or whatever your bag is, gives a great basis for a quiz ...If you want to give this a try, go to player/playback options/preview mode and select it from there...You'll need to do this before you select the disk writer etc.....good luck

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up