INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IR discrete pause command broken in MC12  (Read 1459 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
IR discrete pause command broken in MC12
« on: February 17, 2007, 12:30:19 pm »

The IR discrete Pause command now performs no different than the Play/Pause toggle.The  separate discrete Pause command was added sometime ago in V11 and did not act as a toggle between pause and play. It appears to be broken in V12.

The purpose of a separate discrete pause command was to NOT cause MC to begin playing if it was already paused. This is important when outside home automation software sends a Pause to MC in response to another event; such as the phone ringing. If MC is already paused, now it would start MC playing. When in effect, I would want a hard pause.

Yes, I assigned a key separate from the Play key to the Pause key.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Re: IR discrete pause command broken in MC12
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:40:19 pm »

It still works for me as expected.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:53:39 pm »

It still works for me as expected.

You on .164? Don't know what to tell you. It's absolutely broken for me.
The IR learned key codes for Play and Pause are absolutely different. However, they both perform the same (toggle mode). Pause should keep the playlist paused no matter how many times it's hit. It should not start the playlist up again.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »

You on .164? Don't know what to tell you. It's absolutely broken for me.
The IR learned key codes for Play and Pause are absolutely different. However, they both perform the same (toggle mode). Pause should keep the playlist paused no matter how many times it's hit. It should not start the playlist up again.

Yes on 164 and it still work for me.  When I saw your post this morning, I immediately tested it.  And yes, this command will pause if playing and do nothing if MC is not playing.

This is a CRITICAL command for my home automation system.

/MCC 10022,1

This is the MC12.exe command that works for me and I've been using all along. 

I use some unused IR codes programmed into my learning remotes to trigger Girder to execute

MC12.exe /MCC 10022,1

which is a discrete pause for me.  You describe IR learned key codes, don't you have to use MC12.exe and girder to make it work for you?

Good luck, it's so frustrating when something is wrong and others don't have the same issue (been there, done that...)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 08:54:59 am »

Yes on 164 and it still work for me.  When I saw your post this morning, I immediately tested it.  And yes, this command will pause if playing and do nothing if MC is not playing.

This is a CRITICAL command for my home automation system.

/MCC 10022,1

This is the MC12.exe command that works for me and I've been using all along. 

I use some unused IR codes programmed into my learning remotes to trigger Girder to execute

MC12.exe /MCC 10022,1

which is a discrete pause for me.  You describe IR learned key codes, don't you have to use MC12.exe and girder to make it work for you?

Good luck, it's so frustrating when something is wrong and others don't have the same issue (been there, done that...)

There's the differnece, you're not using MC's built in IR command interface! You are using the command line interface and you are triggering it by an outside IR (Girder) program. That command line interface still works fine. It's the Pause command in MC's built in  IR command interface that does not work as designed. I am using USBUIRT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up