INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Playback Issues  (Read 865 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
DVD Playback Issues
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:17:47 pm »

I'm running Vista.

1) Cover art for DVDs doesn't seem to be importing correctly anymore.  CD cover art works fine still.  I haven't changed the DVD format at all.  I still use folder.jpg but it just doesn't work anymore, even if I select Quick Find.  Also: why doesn't auto-import check for cover art?  Is there an option to force auto-import to look for new or updated cover art?

2) Seeking doesn't work & audio doesn't work.  I'm still confused what I need to do to get this to work.  All I install is Video Lan Client, which has no trouble playing DVDs.  Is there a way to force MC to use VLC's decoder?  It plays the video fine but no audio.

3) Is there one thing I can install, perhaps in addition to VLC, that is free and that will automatically make all DVD playback work fine?  I don't like being unable to skip parts where the DVD author-person prohibits skipping.  VLC never abides by those rules.

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: DVD Playback Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:55:55 am »

VLC comes bundled with its own FFDShow libraries, and doesnt rely upon nor use any installed filters.

I personally use the K-Lite Codec pack (CCCP also seems to be popular here) in association with the DScaler mpeg filter (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Dscaler_MPEG_Filters.htm), and generally have no probs.

Cheers,
C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up