INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dvr-ms files appearing as documents  (Read 1472 times)

stubbo

• Recent member
dvr-ms files appearing as documents
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:36:26 pm »

I've read back and it seems to have been supported before, but all dvr-ms files I have created are sitting in the Documents list and not in the videos section.

I'm running MC on my windows 2003 server, I had to copy over the MS support files from my XP machine and Windows Media player plays them just fine.

I just can't get MC to recognise them as video files.

If it makes any difference to MC, they were created in the Vista media center and not in the XP version.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: dvr-ms files appearing as documents
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:14:19 am »

Can you play the files after manually changing media type to Video?

It looks like you are missing MPEG-2 decoder filter and maybe other filters that are needed to handle these files.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

brihyn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:24 pm »

i know this is an old thread, but was this ever resolved, and if so, how?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:38 am »

If it is just a few files appearing as Documents, you can manually change the media type of these files to Video.

Choosing a correct set of DirectShow filters for the file type can insure smoother importing.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:10:18 am »

dvr-ms files import and play fine for me BUT, I still have this issue myself if the file is in use while MC tries importing it. That is, if my PVR software is still recording the file while MC's auto import tries to import it. When this occurs, I can change the filetype to video ok but I can never get MC to re-create the thumbnail UNLESS I remove the file and physically rename and reimport it. Just reimporting does not work. It's as if MC "retains" the file info even after it's deleted??
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

brihyn

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:07:52 pm »

still having trouble with this. What filters have others used to get dvr-ms files to show in the correct area (and play for that matter)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:18:25 am »

I use dvr-ms files all the time for my TV recording, and MC auto-imports them into the DB.

The only time I see then becomming Data files rather than Video files is if one of the files is somehow corrupted.

Then ALL files after this corrupt file are tagged as data.

This of course assumes you can normally play dvr-ms files... if not then you will need the correct decoders.  I use the Nvidia Pure Video decoders in my system, but I know others use free ones.

Once I remove the corrupt file if I remove the files and re-import they come in as Video.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up