INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with simple smartlist please  (Read 1087 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Help with simple smartlist please
« on: March 05, 2007, 05:25:34 am »

Hi!

Trying to do a simple smartlist now that skip count works in a better way, I can't figure it out. Call me stupid!

All i want is to get files with more skip count than or equal to play count, wouldn't be too hard would it?

[skip count]=>=[Number Plays]

This unfortunately display all files...:(

Anyone up for it?

Thanks!
/Martin

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Help with simple smartlist please
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:38:48 pm »

Hi!

Trying to do a simple smartlist now that skip count works in a better way, I can't figure it out.
Did the way [skip count] works change recently? If it did, I missed it. Could you provide a link or quote for us?

I've not done any work with [skip count] at all because MC considered a track to be 'skipped' if the stop button was pressed with less than 50% played.

To answer your question:
You can do this with expressions:

[=isequal([skip count],[number plays],6)]=1 can be used in a search list pane, the search bar, or in a smartlist search rule, and returns all tracks where the [skip count] is greater than, or equal to [number plays]. Note that this also returns all those tracks that have never been played, so you might want to consider adding a -[number plays]=[] rule in there too.

You could also use it in the form of:
if(isequal([skip count],[number plays],6),skipped more than played,played more than skipped) in an expression based pane.

-marko.

Marty3d

Re: Help with simple smartlist please
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 01:47:41 am »

Thanks alot! I thought it would be easier...:)

As I said in this thread, the skipping occurs not only when you stop a file, but also when you press the Next button. It didn't do that before, did it?

Pages: [1]   Go Up